AI Experiment

2»

Comments

• It's worth considering, we do have a Covers section.

On the other hand, I'm collabing now with Sid on Bottle of Vintage Wine because I heard the AI version and thought "that's not how I would do it", and that could happen less if the AI music generated ones are separated out. I have a feeling they might receive less attention that way.

I think I'll leave it as is for the moment. I don't have firm enough opinions on AI to set policy yet. But still open to suggestions.

• I do think it is worth considering, but I totally understand why you'd want to see how things play out. These are unchartered territories and I'm not sure that anyone knows where this will take us.

Looking forward to hearing your collab with Sid.😀

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

I'm not sure there is a need for a separate category providing that postings state before the link that the song was created using Ai music and/or vocals. I personally only post a link after clearly stating there is an Ai component. The link is provided as a voluntary extra should the reader wish to hear what the lyrics sound like. Salt and Pepper, if you wish, your choice.

As to the future and potential duplicity, that already exists. How does anyone know whether the lyrics or songs being posted here are genuine. We trust in ours and others honesty and integrity, and that's the way it should be.

I really get Chris's and the other pro musicians concerns, I really do. In the bigger context, they do have cause for concern,

and I am with them on that. In our little pond here, I think we can be a little bit more flexible and cooperative between each other in the knowledge that we all seek the same goals.

Since the only lyrics posted on the forum using Ai are mine. As a gesture to help move the focus off Ai and back to lyrics, I'll refrain from posting links for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Sid

• ElvisNash
    ElvisNash Calif
    edited April 24

No idea Chris , AI will get better I imagine

• @sidshovel I don't mean to dissuade anyone from posting AI songs. There's no need to hold back imo. These things will unfold the way they're meant to. It's bound to cause some unease because it's potentially so powerful, but it's here so people like me must learn to accept it. Keep em comin' I say!😀

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Hi Chris,

My comment was not directed towards anyone in particular Chris, I have a great deal of empathy towards anyone who feels under pressure from the Ai music generators. I just feel since I'm the only one posting Ai content links on the forum, I should take the lead in at least lowering the temperature and letting people breathe non-Ai air for a while. I have tried a number of songwriting forums and without a doubt this is by far the best. The thing that makes it the best is the people on this forum. Always ready to help, guide and mentor, giving significant amounts of their time to help others. If Ai raises the temperature in the group unnecessarily, then whilst none of us are likely to stop it, as individuals, and out of respect for our colleagues, we should not promote it. That I would readily subscribe to and will.

Sid

• Hi Sid,

I'm really glad you feel the way you do about this forum Sid because I feel exactly the same way. I found this forum five years ago after a period of illness and I've loved my time here. I think it's the best forum too. What Owen has here is really special. Right now, there's some great people contributing, yourself included. Long may that prevail.

The AI thing has come as a bit of a shock to some musos like me, but I've learned through the discussions here that I need to accept it and maybe embrace it. It's progress and we have to accept change.

• I caught a 12 lb catfish yesterday using AI

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Chris, I just heard you banging out a classic R & R piece, Elvis pouring his heart out with "Don't blame me" and trust me on this one, Owen going down and dirty, (his words), on the collab we're doing. You guys are just the best, Ai doesn't even come close.

Relax and just keep rollin' them out.

Sid

• Actually I was watching TV , the kid next door jumped the fence and reeled him in , but i'm lying to everyone and said I caught it , it was on my pole

• Big one today , 20 lbs , Well back to robots

• That's a form of AI , vocal enhancer , But real BGVS will be added

All session players , Will AI put real musicians out of biz, I doubt it

https://hearthis.at/elvis-nash-xk/piano-3-1-1-1-1/Klh/

• Good video that!

• Yeah a lot of info on all that AI

• RainyDayMan
    edited May 11

Here's a preview of a different AI music generator from ElevenLabs (not released yet)

https://twitter.com/elevenlabsio/status/1788628171044053386

Things are moving fast!

• Just my opinion of course, but I'm just glad that I grew up when I did, that I learned to play when I did, that I wrote and recorded some real songs when I did, that I played a lot of real gigs in front of real people. AI isn't going to change anything I do..apart from maybe using some AI production tools as and when when it suits me.

I'm not in denial..AI generated music is here and it's going to be a massive game changer. But I'm a real musician and I'm proud of it.

I think the tide will eventually turn, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.😀

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Hear! Hear! Sir, Well Said.

Sid

• ElvisNash
    ElvisNash Calif
    edited May 16

I guess its like Band in a box , I don't see the big deal on just learning guitar instead of getting Walmart fat and lazy waddling down isles of AI toys where $9.99 gets you every time .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5SzACr68BGk