Wind Junkie Blues

For the adrenaline junkie's that spend all their time and money chasing a fix. Doesn't matter what your chasing until you find it you got the blues.

https://exitsixtyninemusic.bandcamp.com/track/wind-junkie-blues

[Verse 1]

Well I woke up in the morning and I needed a fix

So I got on my way and headed east

The boss is going to wonder why I'm not at my desk

Don't know the consequences today I don't give a

[Chorus]

Cause I'm a hardcore wind junkie

And I got to get my fix

Chasing after the wind

Know mater what the cost

Got those hardcore wind junkie blues

[Solo1]

[Verse 2]

Iā€™m finally on the water and I'm getting what I need

Having a blast and I'm soaking up vitamin D

But I got a little problem and it's out of control

I chased that damn wind halfway around the world

[Chorus]

[Solo2]

[Verse 3]

I spent all my money on the latest gear

But I don't seem to mind while I'm out here

The boss is going to wonder why I'm not at my desk

Don't know the consequences today I don't give a

[Chorus]

Comments

• I like that nice relaxed vibe, and I think it suits the verses.

In the chorus I think you need to really up the energy level. Sing out loud, change up the organ sound. Make it a much stronger contrast to the verses.

But overall I'm enjoying the song.

• I'd agree with RDM here. The vibe is good, but I do think it does need a shift somewhere along the way. Nothing raucous but something to grab the attention. Otherwise, yes, I like this song. I'm not a wind junkie, or any other kind of junkie (!) but I understand the adrenaline thing.šŸ˜€

• RainyDayMan, thanks for the feedback. The chorus does need a little something and the organ track could use some variation.

• Chris, thanks for listening. I'm glad to hear your not "any kind of junkie". Just kidding, never crossed my mind. Me neither.

I got some good suggestions about adding a little variation to the song in the chorus.

I could have done a better job explaining the meaning of this song . I'm sure you get this but just in case anyone else reading doesn't. The song has nothing to do about drugs or junkie's. Kinda like 'Huey Lewis - I need a new drug' has nothing to do about drugs.

I have written my share, but not everything is a love song.

Cheers,šŸ˜

• Another good one, Xman! Good lyrics, vocals, and guitar work. Smooth production! I enjoyed listening, man! šŸ˜€

Cheers,

Joseph