Welcome to the Songwriters Forum

Welcome to the new look Songwriters Forum.

Unfortunately we have not been able to bring across our old data so you will need to re-register, and all previous posts from the old site will be absent.

Nevertheless, we are now on modern software and a stable site, and look forward to continuing our tradition of helping each other progress on our songwriting journeys.

Comments

• Thanks Owen! So happy to see the forum up and running!

• Indeed - thanks for keeping it going Owen! I was worried when the old forum disappeared. But this is exactly what I hoped might happen. Early days, but this is looking good. I'll start posting stuff at the appropriate time.πŸ˜€

• Well, in terms of posting a song you can be our guinea pig if you like!

I'm sure we'll find one or two issues before things settle down! πŸ˜„

• You're doing a great job Owen. My first attempt at posting a song has happened as it should. I think you're on the right track with this. The old forum was ready for a revamp, and this is it. It needs some of the old faces to return for sure, but I think that will happen soon enough. πŸ˜€

• samiamiamsam
    edited December 2022

Hey guys! Glad to see you're up and running again Owen.

I don't post as much as I used to, but I still come here almost every day.

Hopefully more familiar faces show up.

• Billy_Lunch_Money
    Billy_Lunch_Money Leicester, England!
    edited December 2022

Ay-Up, I've been away for a while working on mixing and some I.T. stuff. Nice to see this all new site and it looks like it'll work on my phone too.

• Made it over here :) Looking good! Owen, I notice that the site is still not secure (https). That could be a problem going forward and might be a good thing to sort out at this early stage.

• Thank you for what you do, Owen!!!

I am so glad to be in this new and fresh place for song writing!

With love and respect,

Rene

• Nice new interface, whole new world of possibilities ! Maybe my songs will even sound better here, LOL

Thanks Owen for keeping it going, looking forward to sharing some new ideas very soon.

• WOWOWOW!!!

Hi everybody!!! Glad to see you (all) again!!! It has been very difficult to reach the new site, thanks to @Chris Price who sent me the link I did it!!!

@Andre @ChrisPrice @RainyDayMan @samiamiamsam @Billy_Lunch_Money @OnlyGavin @ReneAsologuitar @popitup

I hope you are ok. The forum looks fresh and it seems the software works good so... It's going to be a great cruise on this new sailboat..... And I say sailboat because we are the sails and the wind, Owen is the sea 😎

• Hey everybody! Glad to see that we still have a place to hang out.

• Nice work on the new forum, Owen! As others have mentioned, it's good to see some of the familiar names here. I've been very busy with work and haven't had much time for writing and recording songs or listening to the great work of others. I hope that changes early in 2023. Likewise, I hope everyone is well and you're all enjoy the coming holidays.

I hope to return to writing new songs, working more on my fiction novel, and enjoying the songs shared by others here.

The only recommendation I have for the new site is that new posts in the "songs for review" forum do not list the original poster's name or user ID by the titles of each thread. It seems to simply show the most recent poster. it would be nice to see who started each thread at a glance, without clicking on it, if that's possible to show that. Other than that, great job!

Kind regards,

Joseph πŸ˜ƒ

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kBNC2FP10

Songclick channel: https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14469431

• It's a good suggestion Joseph! I'd prefer that myself. I can't see a way to do that though. It's part of the software, and not an option I can set.

• hi owen

I see that a lot of members of the previous forum are not there .
    and that a lot of newsgroups are gone.
    is there anything that can be done about it.
    maybe look at the old listings and send them a link to let them know it's moved.

I still like it :)
  • Oh wow! I was a bit shocked thought I m on a wrong site… sad that all the older entries are gone but good that we r back online!
  • A couple of the guys here seem to miss the old site and wish that the old content could have been kept. I disagree. I think that TSF was very much ready for a revamp. The old site had become way too cluttered with so many different sections and full of ancient posts that were no longer relevant. I think Owen has done a great job here in streamlining the forum right down and making it so much easier to navigate. Some of the older members may still be absent, but they'll come back if they're still interested. If not, then let's move on and hope some new contributors come onboard. I really appreciate what we have here. I still think it's the best songwriters forum. I wasn't around when Mike, the founder, kicked this off, but I think he would approve.πŸ˜€

• Well, agreed . . . this new site (for now) seems so much more focused now on just the songs, rather than peripheral stuff. Post some songs, lyrics, let the peers offer some constructive opinions, keep it simple, focus about the songwriting. I'm sure it will evolve and get many new members with the updated interface.

I still have my fav Mike Frisbey quote on my desktop . . . so I've pasted it here for the newbies:

"You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you are sitting on your butt--and who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?" MIKE FRISBEY 1952 - 2009

• It was a wrench leaving the old site behind, but there wasn't really a choice. I couldn't get it running after changing hosting providers so after a week it was a case of move forward or shut down. I have managed to get the tribute section for Mike Frisbee across, but extracting all the previous songs and posts and importing them is beyond me at present. There is a message now for anyone trying to access the old site telling them how to get here, so hopefully anyone who visits infrequently will still have a chance to find their way across.

• yuukiogata1
    yuukiogata1 Nagahama City, Shiga Prefecture, Japan

Yo dudes, sup? I was kinda worried about the old site, and wondered what was going on. Glad that it got a revamp tho, and I hope to share more with you all!

• dchip
    dchip New Zealand

So this is where all the cool kids are, nice!

Good to see you all.

• pete692
    pete692 Las Vegas, NV, USA

I had a heckuva time finding this place from the old one, and when I did, the confirmation email was a bear to receive. I finally found it in my spam folder. It's great to be here

• icystorm
    edited January 2023

Hi Owen,

Thanks for implementing that change. Is it also possible to change the line-spacing to single-line rather than the double-line spacing? The double-line spacing makes posts of lyrics very long. Also, is it possible to create an additional category for songs in progress, such as lyrics-only, pre-demos, unfinished tracks, and tests. All of those could fit under a single category such as "In the works!"

I know being a system admin is a time-consuming obligation, so there's a donation coming your way in appreciation of your time and the work you do for the forum! Keep up the good work! πŸ˜€

Cheers,

Joseph

• @icystorm Thanks for the suggestions Joseph! The double line spacing is another aspect outside of my control - I'd prefer to single space it too. It is possible to create new categories, but I'm not keen to have one for songs in progress. I think it's better to watch them evolve and see the final product all in the one thread than to split them up. Not everyone will agree with me though!

And thank you for the donation! The appreciation is just as welcome πŸ˜„

• Hi everyone,

I am new member here, a Lyricist, explorer of new inspirations to hone my songwriting skills :)

Why i feel there are many familiar faces here? :)

Wonder what kind of magical places, i would find here

Looking forward to learn from all of you :)

Kind Regards

Essa

• Hi @EssaHumans
    Welcome and I look forward to seeing you around. I’m sure we will all learn a thing or two from you as well.

CCB