Lonely People, America 1974

"Lonely People" is a song written by the husband-and-wife team of Dan Peek and Catherine Peek and recorded by America in 1974.  

"Lonely People" was written within a few weeks of Dan Peek's 1973 marriage to Catherine Maberry: Peek- "I always felt like a melancholy, lonely person. And now [upon getting married] I felt like I’d won." 

The lyrics of "Lonely People" advise "all the lonely people": "Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup", a metaphor which Dan Peek thus explains: "It's possible to drink from another's well of experience...and be refreshed.

Happy Valentine's Day to all lovers.

As Dan felt, marriage is a seal of everlasting love, which is strengthened by the blessings and assistance of family and friends.

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/hdAbwtLkKjU

Tagged:

Comments

• Your voice is fabulous on this one Rene. There can be no crits for this stuff at all. A genuine musician singing and playing from the heart. Keep em comin'.😀

• Again, this is great! I wish I'd had your voice...:-) Good music needs no technics, just a guitar and a voice....

• Beautiful song, I remember this one well. And a lovely version thereof. Good stuff Rene!