A Horse With No Name, America 1971

"A Horse with No Name" is a song by the folk rock band America, written by Dewey Bunnell. It was the band's first and most successful single, released in late 1971. Dewey Bunnell wanted to capture the sensation of the hot, dry desert, as he remembered his childhood travels through the Arizona and New Mexico desert when his family lived at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Bunnell has explained that "A Horse with No Name" was "a metaphor for a vehicle to get away from life's confusion into a quiet, peaceful place". 

In the midst of life's confusion, the solace and joy of old friends and beautiful memories always transport people to a state of peaceful bliss!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/e-Xrl6E6KYo

Tagged:

Comments

• Your voice really suits this one Rene! Lovely job. 😀

• One of my fave songs from way back and you certainly do it justice. I'm playing live with an acoustic trio at the moment. I might suggest that we do this one. Great stuff Rene.😀

• Another wonderfull rendition of one of the best songs ever written, good job again, Rene!

• That's a good cover of the America song from the early 70s, Rene. Great acoustic guitar work as usual, and your vocals suit the song well. I enjoyed listening.

There are many excellent songs from that era. Remember the group Firefall? They were in the genre of "southern rock", with America and numerous others. Their song "Strange Way" from 1978 was excellent, and they had a few more hits before that. Another great one from America was "You Can Do Magic", among quite a few more.

• RCJames
    RCJames Albuquerque, NM

One of my favorites from back in the day - you do it solid justice.

• Hi @ReneAsologuitar

All sounds great. Of course, a classic song from an underrated band. You really make those 'la la la's' sing. A great bit of rasp in with the sweetness in your vocal.

CCB

• America. Part of the Folk movement late 60s early 70s. Great cover. Sir I'm a fan.