Where I Belong - Suggestions are welcome

I'm mostly interested on peoples thought of the mix of this song. Suggestions are welcome.

Also if anyone would like to collaborate as a second voice in the chorus I would like to try that. On this song I am thinking a female voice would work best. You can message me if you want to give it a try.

Thanks,

https://exitsixtyninemusic.bandcamp.com/track/where-i-belong

Driving down 84 like a million times before

The sun was setting on an early Fall's day

Radio playing on singing that old song

The one that takes me back to yesterday

Funny how it all fly's by

Moving faster all the time

Wish I could slow it down and reflect

And Lord knows right or wrong

Can be confusing to some

And I just shake my head and follow my heart

I’m not where I thought - be but I’m where I belong

Tried to make the best of what I had in front of me

By most people standards I’m doing OK

Don't get me wrong so far from being strong

I've had my moments of anger and pain

Can be confusing to some

{Solo}

Can be confusing to some

Comments

• I'm away from home this weekend so I'm not listening on my studio cans, but I have to say this sounds great here. The chord progressions are well familiar but what happens around them is great. Smooth vocal and some great guitar playing. A fine track.😀

• This is excellent. Professional sound, and quality throughout. Love the guitar work.

Love your refrain: "I’m not where I thought I'd be - but I’m where I belong"

Nice ending.

"The one that takes me back to yesterday", the timing on this line felt just a tad awkward, the pause a bit long.

I can imagine some brass in the back half of the song - but maybe that's just me!!

Very nice indeed.

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Hi,

My kind of song loved it.

Sid

• Chris, thanks for the feedback. I know you have a lot of experience mixing, so that makes me feel a little better about this song.

• Thanks for the suggestion about the brass. I might experiment with that.

• Really good song. Reminds me of Mark Knoffler and Dire Straits. Loved the vocals as well!
  • I was hoping to get someone to collaborate with me singing in the chorus of this song. If we don't like the result we don't share. Either way you can keep what we come up with. I think a female voice would work best for this song but I am open to others if you think it might fit. Message me if you want to give it a try.

For sure I don't sound like Chris Stapleton but the style of the background vocals in 'You Should Probably Leave' is an idea for what I am shooting for. See the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MGpJIo2bs