Return To Me

A note about this song - the wonders of AI - this was a demo from a few years ago that the vocal volume was too low and for some reason the bass overwhelmed the mix and all I had was the single stereo demo. Well... separated the piano/drums/bass/vocals, recorded a new vocal and remixed... (its a festivus miracle?)

https://soundcloud.com/sean-swindler/return-to-me?si=44ca073f51f142099a151689c03edac8&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

RETURN TO ME

Oh my love

The feeling lately

Feels like I have been lost

Fleeting word

Like fleeting feelings

Missing what I needed most

You know that sunshine on your face

Can't be wrong

What if memory could retrace

And time was our song

and in this world to return to me

like water returns to the sea

Oh my love like a vision before me

Setting all that comes free

Calling back to something in history

Such a mystery to me

You know that sunshine on your face

Can't be wrong

What if memory could retrace

And time was our song

and in this world to return to me

like water returns to the sea

Return to the sea

Oh my love

The feeling lately

Feels like I have been lost

Comments

• Nice one JG. Always liked your style of music.

Glad you were able to salvage the mix

• I enjoyed the vibe of this one @jgkojak2. Cool lyrics and the music creates a good atmosphere for the song. There seems to be a problem around time index 2:00 where the vocals and music become out of phase for a couple of seconds. Also, the ending was too abrupt. I hope you work more on this one because I like where you are going with it.

• I would try and have someone else sing this. Sounds like a bad karaoke night at the bar... Vibe and words well written.

• jgkojak2
    jgkojak2 Lawrence, KS

Could not agree more - someone else should always sing my songs(!)

• Kayla813
    Kayla813 United States
    I like this one
  • Yeah, the mix is good here. The instruments sound a bit dis-jointed in places though. Sounds like the midi side of things wasn't quite in sync in places. I don't have an issue with your vocal. It's quirky and it suits the song. I like track. It would benefit from a re-make imo.😀

• KatiesPRIDE
    KatiesPRIDE Hertfordshire

I really like the lyrics on this, I think that they are great. Keep on writing. First few notes, remind me of only fools and horses theme.