UPDATE on Outage

Hi Folks!

Sorry for the outage we just experienced. And my apologies for not being able to keep you informed, but when the site goes down, my ability to communicate goes down with it.

The Web Hosting service upgraded the servers that support our site. Which was supposed to go smoothly, but as you can tell didn't.

But, they were both responsive and persistent in resolving this with me, so I am grateful to them for that.

It is problematic when there is some incompatibility issue somewhere between the operating system layer, middleware, and the application (in this case our forum software) as the Hosting site's responsibility technically doesn't cover the latter - they just provide the platform on which to run it - and of course they can't be experts in every piece of software that someone might choose to install on their platform.

But because it was due to their upgrade, they did the right thing working it through with me to find a solution.

If you are still experiencing any problems please let me know. As far I as I can see, all Read, Reply and Post functions are now working again, but I haven't tested every feature of the software.

Thanks for your patience

Owen

Comments