Chorus

I believed that we would never break apart

But there's something in the way and I know I'll always break your heart

Outro

Now I'm living like a ghost

Comments

• damn dude. that was def sad but very good!! had real emotion in it

• Hi @brucetangmusic

I've mentioned it before but you have a lovely voice. A very sad and melancholic song. The tone on the piano is great and really suits the style. The harmonies work really well and the arrangement moves with the lyrics very effectively.

CCB

• Tons of emotion there, both in the music and the vocal delivery.

I particularly liked these lines:

You knew me when I was so incomplete

But you loved me anyway and I thought it'd never change

The piano has a bit much reverb for my taste, but that is likely a personal preference.

• Thanks all!

@RainyDayMan I hear you on the reverb. It sounds good when I'm playing live but I should record the piano dry so I can add it later and adjust the level of reverb. What you hear on the piano track hear is just me leaning on the sustain pedal of the piano

• Very emotional singing, very melodic piano playing.

Love the vibe and the lyrics!

• Nice ballad with emotional music and vocals. Good composition! I enjoyed listening.

• The music and vocals are lovely. The feelings are super strong and heartfelt. The piano is beautiful.

The lyrics in V1 L1 and L2 are different on YouTube. Not sure which I prefer.

I'm confused in V2. I thought he left her in V1 and he's always afraid he'll break her heart in the chorus. In V2 it sounds like she left, and he wants to look her up. Maybe I'm not connecting all the dots on the story.

• @Andrea I forgot a couple of lines when I typed it out. And you're not missing anything in connecting any dots because TBH I didn't write it as a complete linear story or anything. I think it was more of trying to capture a sort of heartache after a breakup. Knowing that you can't work it out or don't belong with someone but still longing or hanging on.

You do bring up a point with a lot of my songwriting though. I tend to not analyze my lyrics much after I write them. I do very little editing. I can definitely see how they end up being nonsensical sometimes. It's something I'm working on. Trying to balance telling a story and capturing the emotion and mood I'm after. Usually in the end Im like. Thanks fo the feedback!

• TBH, the idea that someone would want to look up someone after a breakup, or knowing their heart isn't in it for the long run isn't understandable. People are weak and sometimes they follow what they want in the moment. This a very real and raw emotion.

I think a few lyrical tweaks could make this much better. It's an emotional song, so people need to connect with it. I think you have something really great so far.

• MoraAmaroLaLoba
    MoraAmaroLaLoba Madrid (Spain)

It's a very special song, really sad but clever, very moving.... and beautiful.

• Hi Bruce.....you had generously complimented me on my voice, in an earlier post. But I must say, the timbre of your vocal is really awesome. The song is very well written, and a great piece of music. Love the lyric and melody.

Great job!!

• Always love Ghosts hooks , Good song man