New single released today "I Don't Know What To Do With My Pain"

Hi guys.

I've released a new song today. First of all thank you all for your feedback on my previous release here in the forum. This song is also a very personal song and I'm glad to release it and use music as a healer. Enjoy listening, Haim.

https://listen.haimshim.com/idontknowwhattodowithmypain

Comments

• icystorm
    edited January 2023

Cool track and acoustic guitar work! I think the f-bombs in the chorus and s-bomb at the end detract unnecessarily from the song, but the melody and vibe are cool.

• I really like the feel of the song. The way that you hold out the one long note on each line of the verse is a really cool concept that adds something. I also loved how you transitioned pretty seamlessly to the "choppy" sound on what I assume is the pre-chorus/chorus.

My only downside is the random "fucks." And I say that as someone who uses profanity pretty often in my regular conversation. I just don't think it adds a single thing to the song, and it comes across like you're trying to make it "edgy." For me, it misses edgy and kinda seems a little too try-hard.

• Very hip song, and truly a song of healing.

The guitar playing is great and the vocals is really good.

• I agree with the folks above about the repeated use of the word, "Fuck." I'm not against a well placed swearword in a song, especially one with a conversational tone which this does a good job of creating, but it does just seem like it's there for effect and comes across as a bit heavy handed. I think I'd have liked to hear a little more variety in the melody, but that's maybe just me. I like the production. Good job.

• I have no problem with the F word here because it really is part of the overall mood of the lyrics. I tend to blank out swear words in my songs - I did it on my recent Christmas song - but I'm old fashioned. I digress, this is excellent. but then all your songs are. As Rene says, this is a song of healing and I really enjoyed listening to it. Keep em comin' Haim😀

• Thank you all. Art is art, everyone can interpret a song to his own liking. And that's the beauty. Some people love the "F" part, some don't and that's totally fine.