Fireflies

This is another mood song based on open tuning.

Fireflies

© 2022 Owen Hovenden

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14538901

V1:

Fireflies

stars in the forest

shining lights

to guide my way

Rising at nightfall

mysterious and graceful

their movements so playful

To see them delightful

Chorus:

Fireflies

Take me home

I'm lost and alone

And I need direction

Oh fireflies

I'm sitting in the darkness

Spare me your spark please

To find my way home

V2:

Fireflies

faerie gleamings

floating glimmers

drifting through my dreams   

flashing meanings in

cryptic ciphers

I'm none the wiser

what do they all mean?

CHORUS

V3:

Fireflies

pulsing heartbeats

your faerie lights

lead me astray

I'm wandering aimless

lost in confusion

your comfort illusion

But I hold you blameless

CHORUS

Comments

• You've penned a nicely melodic and relaxing song, Owen. Your very good guitar work lends to the ambience of the track.

Your lyrics are also very colorful and paint a good image of a quiet evening outdoors with fireflies. I found these four lines were the best...

I'm wandering aimless
    lost in confusion
    your comfort illusion
    But I hold you blameless

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing! 😀

• MoraAmaroLaLoba
    MoraAmaroLaLoba Madrid (Spain)

It's a soooo beautiful song!!! Lyrics are full of beauty, wonderful images... Really delicate and moving!!

I enjoyed listening to your so sweet song @RainyDayMan

Stay happy!!

• The music and vocals are so soothing and beautiful. Kind of entrancing, like a firefly. The lyrics tell a less peaceful story which is interesting. Wonderful images to paint this story.

This could have led to a happy ending where the fireflies lead him home. Is there a reason you chose to not go this direction (no pun intended)?

• @Andrea I feel like his problems are his own to solve. The fireflies are really a distraction, and it's a sort of delusion that he can call on them for help. In the final verse he has reached that conclusion, and in doing so has taken responsibility for his situation. And that is a positive step even if he is not yet home.

• Hi RDM,

The lyrics are so poetic, leads me to positive places, and brings about hope and prosperity.

Fireflies are lamps, and I am sure that in the animal kingdom, they are so much appreciated for their ability to shed light.

And the melody and instrumentation is so lovely and happy!!!

This is a superb production, love the song!!!

Rene

• Cool song, man. And who doesn't love fireflies? ;-)

I like the guitar in this, as well! Very nice work.

• I love the lyric. Wonderful imagery. I can relate because I am entranced by the show put on by the fireflies round my home in the summer. You describe this as a mood song and that seems a good description. It just kind of washed over me - very relaxing.

• Thanks guys! Appreciate you taking a listen!

• I love open tuning. I don't go there very often, but it opens up all kinds of possibilities as this delightful song illustrates. Great stuff Owen. I really enjoyed this.😀

• Well, that's quite lovely Owen.

Those guitars are incredible. Love the open tuning.

Gives a whole new dimension to the music. I need to experiment with that.

I like the simplistic approach to this. Doesn't really anything except what you have here. Less is more.

I always enjoy your lyrics, and these are really nice.. especially coupled with the dreamy vocals.

Great stuff!

• @ChrisPrice Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed it.

@samiamiamsam Yes I think a simple approach is best for this one. Aiming to play this at my next Open Mic. Thanks for checking it out!