It could be true -- remake

Here’s a remake of a song I posted last June. Same vocal tracks from last year. I may still redo them in the future.

This time I used Band-in-a-Box. After doing some research, I decided this would be the best option for me. It will make it quicker and easier for me to get some songs together, although, it seems like the program could be a never-ending rabbit hole of options. 😊 It does seem better than programming and piecing things together from BandLab, Chord Pulse, recording live guitar & bass tracks into Tascam, importing into Audacity, etc…sort of a Frankenstein soup to create a song 😊 

Anyone else use Band-in-a-Box?

https://youtu.be/FjnuwznSxzc

Comments

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

really good foot tapping number this one, loved it.

I'm no musician but I kept waiting for that (pedal guitar)? to come in.

Would sound fantastic with that!

Sid

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thanks Sid! Glad you enjoyed it! I know what you're talking about with the pedal guitar. That'd be something for me to look into adding to the song. 😀

• icystorm
    edited March 31

@Plain_Jane I remember this one! I enjoyed the original and your update is awesome. Your vocals are excellent, and the music is fun and energized. Nice work! I hope you write, record, and post many more songs! You're very talented, so let us hear your songs! 😎😀

Best,

Joseph

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thank you for your kind words Joseph! 😀 Much appreciated!!

• Nice! I remember this one, liked it then and I like it now!

I use Band in a Box on occasion, though I tend to add it to the Frankenstein soup rather than relying on it exclusively! You can get a long way using BIAB. If you're starting from scratch it works well. If you've already got a sound in mind, then trying to evoke it out of BIAB is a bit harder, or takes more skill than I have with it. But I've grabbed selected tracks from it to add to my own guitar and vocal quite a few times.

• First time I've heard this - I think! I can't say that I've ever used Band In a Box but this sounds awesome - I love it. It doesn't matter how you get there, this is great music. Lovely voice and some great guitar work. Keep em comin', I really enjoyed this one.😀

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thanks RainyDayMan!

Yeah, I'm finding what you said about using some tracks from BIAB or using it exclusively. It does put some cool stuff together with whatever chord progression/style plugged in but it will take time to figure out how to get it to do what I'm hearing in my head. It's a bit of "information overload".

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thanks Chris! I like your thought "doesn't matter how you get there" -- BIAB is going to make it easier and quicker for me to put songs together.

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Jane, I don't know anything about music or BIAB but what I do know is that you wont do better than having Chris and Owen (RDM) in your corner. They have helped me enormously and are both really nice guys. Pick their brains and take their advice, they know what they're talking about!

Sid

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Forgot to mention Joseph, sorry Joseph, love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid

• I've found BIAB particularly helpful is when I want a piano or violin supporting track in a song. I will use BIAB to generate a solo then take that into my DAW and edit it severely. Usually the solo track sounds too random overall, but it has parts in it that I like. So I take those, and may re-use them within the song. Often I will strip out 80% of what BIAB generates, but that's ok. Even in the parts I use, I mostly remove notes to leave room for what is already in my song on other tracks so it doesn't clash. But as a two finger keyboardist, I still end up with a better track than I could create by myself.

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thanks for the insight RDM! I'm looking forward to creating more with BIAB. 😀

• Catchy music and lyrics.way to drive home the the hook.
  • Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Thanks Carroll!