Midnight outside, wandering round

Sketching portraits in the rain

Jet black hair like a voodoo child

And a soul no one can tame

Chorus

Comments

• sidshovel
    sidshovel merseyside

Oh, That was so good, great performace, enjoyed that very much. Look forward to reading more qualified comments from the professionals, stand outs to my ears, vocals, solo guitar, drums.

Sid

• All credit to Katie and Owen for this song. They did all the hard work. It was a pleasure to sing it. It's an unusual arrangement which has a late 60's vibe to my ears. The Doors springs to mind. The lyrics have a 60's feel too. I really like the instrumentation here. A cool song!😀

• KatiesPRIDE
    KatiesPRIDE Hertfordshire

I think you do yourself down Chris, your voice really fits it and thanks for getting involved.

• KatiesPRIDE
    KatiesPRIDE Hertfordshire

Yes, I think it's pretty good. Owen came up with the original idea, and just wanted some help with a few lyrics .

• robcrozier
    robcrozier Ann Arbor,MI

Very cool project! I really like the energy throughout. The latin rhythm was a good choice. It reminds me of some of the west coast writers like Stephen Stills or Graham Nash. Cool stuff!

• Now who's selling themselves short, Katie? You had considerable input into the musical design as well 😁

This was truly a collaboration.

• Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Great job! I started to listen and thought "That sounds like Chris"..I've heard your voice enough times to recognize it. Then I read the credits 😀 I like the vibe. For some reason, I'm hearing a touch of Neil Young. I like the notes chosen for the line "lives in crazy town" - to me, the notes fit the lyrics. I like that snare drum rhythm going on too during the chorus.

• Love the lyrics esp verse 2. Great imagery. Plenty of good rock music and Chris’s vocals nail it down!
  • Jason Aldean did the hook , but you can't copywrite a title

This really rocks Chris , Good job guys !!!

• Such a nice collaboration. It was very enjoyable and I think Chris’s thought about The Doors is dead on. It has that very cool, funky vibe to it. Great job by all involved. Congratulations!
  • The guitar effect reminds me of 'The Beatles - Revolution' or a 60's psychedelic sound. The second voice in the chorus is working well. One thought is the overall mix sounds too compressed. To me parts of the mix need to breathe a little. Overall, it's a little different and that is why I like it.😎

• Thanks to everyone for the listen and the feedback, much appreciated!

• Nicely done folks . . . 3 way collab by the time it's all done. It certainly has an interesting combo of styles . . . what I heard was a rock guitar with a taste of jazz drums. (I kind of found the snare sound and it's volume distracting in a few places) Good strong lyrics, and good job on the vocals by Chris (especially the way you bend it on "crazytown") The last guitar chord at the end has bit of crazy about it, very cool !