Shape of Things To Come (Collab with Mark Alan Skinner)

Hi Folks . . . here's a new one I wanted to share here, I've done some collaborations this last year with Mark Alan Skinner, an amazing guitar and cello player, he's also added some low harmonies, and helped with the lyrics on this one . . . let us know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/epicdreamery/shape-of-things-to-come-collab-with-mark-alan-skinner

Comments

• Nice collab! I'm always a sucker for both cello and harmonies.

Dreamy, spacious sort of feel. Love the picking. And the break is awesome.

Would love to hear the cello come in a bit earlier. The first time I picked it out was around 1:20 mark which feels a long way in. You probably want the song to develop and evolve instrumentally, but I think you still achieve that but bring the cello in at "I was hoping...".

My other suggestion would be to try to pare back the number of words/syllables in the lyric a bit. Try to give as much room as possible to that atmosphere that the instrumentation is creating. So:

Maybe a whole lot more than I should >> A lot more than I should -that sort of thing

Nice track!

• MoraAmaroLaLoba
    MoraAmaroLaLoba Madrid (Spain)

Hola @popitup

I have inaugurated the day with your music!!! I liked it a lot, it has been a very pleasant contact with the world. Happy New Year 2023!!!

Great arrangement!!

• Hi @popitup ,

Lovely song, and I am enjoying this creation.

The guitar solo is very nice, and the cello is so sublime, truly beautiful combination.

Thanks for this beautiful work.

Happy New Year!

Rene

• I love the feel of the song. I like the lyrics and the vocals. The music is nice, but I would like to hear it more, especially the cello. It adds such a wonderful component to the vibe, and I think it would elevate the feel even more.

• A fine song. I like the vocal harmonies which work well over a rolling instrumental arrangement. The cello comes in at just the right place and the solo is terrific. This is brilliant. I'm hearing some great music on the forum today and this no exception. 😀

• I agree with the consensus of posts here. Excellent song.
    Nice harmonies. The bridge/break is my favorite part.
    Great stuff!