Where Hope Comes to Die!

Billy_Lunch_Money
Billy_Lunch_Money Leicester, England!

Hi Guys

I've got a new'ish one for you. It's still subject to revision. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. OOh, I might have over done it on the volume!

https://soundcloud.com/billy_lunch_money/where-hope-comes-to-die

Chorus (intro)

Verse One

Finally, your shadows fall and rest!

Come now, lay down your weary head,

Its over, let the nightmares fade away!

And tell me all your fears and dreads.

Chorus.

Is this is where hope comes to die?

There's no reason why.

I don't want to let this die.

Verse Two

I can't hold your dreams to my chest.

And I wont-find that divine thread

Believe all the things I have to say

Sorrow will return again one day!

Bridge/ Solo!

Outro Chorus!

If this where hope comes to die!

Shouldn't I dare ask why?

There's no reason why.

I don't want to let this die

Comments

• I like the slow, but strong vibe of this one, Billy. It's a good alt-metal track with a modern feel. Solid lyrics, a great beat, cool lead guitar work, good vocals, and clear production. I liked the title too. Well done! ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers,

Joseph

• Nice job! Really like the sparse moment around 2:30-ish. Might want to boost some high end. sounds a little muddy and lacks the energy some high end might give it. Great job though! Keep it up and keep us posted

• Billy_Lunch_Money

@jrandolph Sadly for the time being there's not much I do without some sort of acoustic treatment at my mix position.

Seriously, thanks for the complements. But did you have any issues with the lyrics or the vocals as it is the first time I've ever posted something with singing in it.

• This is a great track. The guitars and drum beat work well. I'm liking the bridge and solo. Good vocals throughout, but I think they could be stronger on the chorus - not quite sure how but that's what hit me. I enjoyed this.๐Ÿ˜€

• Billy_Lunch_Money
    edited November 2023

Thanks for the complement Chris. I had the same thought too about weak chorus vocals. I've been practicing and practicing and soon as I get any strength back, the kids bring school germs home and I loose my voice for few weeks and I'm back at square one. It's not their fault really, I've not got a great deal of confidence or experience singing. Its all new and I think it's probably the first time I've let anyone hear me. I also know I some acoustical issues with area I record in.

• It's a nice sound! Puts me in mind of The Cars.

I think you've got the verses totally sorted. I love the main vocal, and the way the second vocal cuts in and out

I'd like to hear that second vocal in the first chorus, as well as the second. And it needs to have a BIG sound like the solo.

At the moment the vocal in the chorus is too restrained and controlled. It needs to sing out. And try 3 or 4 backing vocals with it to really fill that sound.

I'm not usually a fan of fade outs, but I think it works here.

And the guitar and instrumentation sounds great.

Sort the chorus, and you've got a great song!

• Billy_Lunch_Money
    edited November 2023

RDM I thought I'd best stop incase I over did it. But I was thinking the same thing. Just haven't figured out a harmony in the end.

• went back and listened to the vocals. could use a little melodyne here and there.

i agree that the chorus is quieter/weaker than the verses. Maybe add some harmonies or something to really make the choruses stick out. maybe double the vocals

it's a good song and def worth working on. the vibe really takes me back to early-mid 90s

• Billy_Lunch_Money
    edited November 2023

@Jandolph. Auto tuningย is tempting. I have thought about it and experimented too. But it makes me feel like I'm cheating. My notion has always been if I can't play it "Live" then I shouldn't post it. Besides, this version will serve as a yard stick to work on my skills. Yeah when get a chance I'll see if I can come up harmonies for the chorus.