Rattlesnake Shack

I wrote these lyrics for a collab challenge with my partner, Jeff, in mind. He has an awesome country voice as you can see. He is actually coming off a virus, but I think he still sounds great. He also helped with some lines we tweaked.

Happy to hear all feedback :)

Rattlesnake Shack by Jeff Walker 4 (soundcloud.com)

Rattlesnake Shack

Lyrics by Andrea Brennan

Music by Jeff Walker

V1

On the outskirts of Phoenix

There's a lowdown dirty dive

Where a man like myself

Can always find a good time

V2

Skull and crossbones on the door

And the liquor flows free

An oasis in the desert

For a thirsty guy like me

Chorus

Enter the fold

Of the devil's hold

Down at the Rattlesnake Shack

Blood runs colder than a witches tit

And every heart is black

Pick your poison

And watch your back

V3

Every fellow's packing

Counting on a fight

Half of why I come here 

In the dead of the night

V4

Where the sparks are gonna fly

Is anybody's guess

Every friend is a foe

Inside this viper's nest

Chorus

Enter the fold

Of the devil's hold

And every heart is black

Pick your poison

And watch your back

Bridge

Some may think I'm crazy

Yet, some will understand

If you care to join me

You know where I am

Chorus

Enter the fold

Of the devil's hold

And every heart is black

Pick your poison

And watch your back

Comments

• That's real good , I love amercana stuff , rocks right a long . every word falls in place

• Works well! Interesting lyric idea, what put that in your mind?

Sounds great, and reads well. 😀

• Another nice collaboration, Andrea! Your lyrics are very interesting and engaging as usual, and your partner composed fitting music and crafted a good track. Nice work! I enjoyed listening! 😀

• Thank you @ElvisNash and @icystorm for your kind comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed Rattlesnake Shack!

@RainyDayMan, the idea actually came from my son. I was working on some lyrics and asked him to make up a name for a western bar. When he said, 'Rattlesnake Shack' I just loved it. I wrote the chorus and after some discussion with Jeff decided the original verses didn't fit right. I wanted to keep the chorus, so I wrote new verses that fit much better. I'm happy with how it turned out :)

• That’s awesome Andrea. Love your lyrics and the music.
    That guy has a great voice. Perfect for that style of music.
    Very impressive collaboration!
  • Thank you @samiamiamsam :) I'm thrilled you like the song and appreciate your wonderful comments!

• Really like this one ! What a great collaboration fit for musician and lyricist, really comes together nicely. This idea takes me back to some places we had to play gigs back a few years ago . . . we were gentle lads from suburbia, trying to make a living in the rough part of town. It has an easy country edge to it, clear vocal delivery, and the lyrics paint the picture most effectively . . . I think (and hope) this will do very well.

• Hi @Andrea

I love the sharp lyrics. They really hit there mark and are really evocative of that americana style Elvis references. Classic in the best way. I really like the vocals and the general vibe of the song. Top collab-ing!

CCB

• jeff9
    jeff9 Tampa, FL

I was Andrea's partner on this one and thrilled to work with her. Thanks to all for the kind comments.

• @popitup, Thanks so much for your positive comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I would be afraid to play in anyplace that sounds like the Rattlesnake Shack. That must have some experience! I hope your band has moved up to grander places :)

• Thank you @CorkingCrackBand! I'm so happy you enjoyed this collab with Jeff :)

@jeff9, I was super happy to be paired with you too. I really love how our song came together!!

• Hi @jeff9 Nice to meet you! Good song!

• The_Big_Gundown
    The_Big_Gundown The Dead End of the Street

Solid tune. Adding some cool rattle effects during the chorus would be awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• What a cool song. I love the lyrics Andrea and your friend Jeff does a fabulous job catching the mood with an excellent arrangent. Really gritty vocal and that's a heck of a title to start with! No crits at all. I love this track😀

• MoraAmaroLaLoba
    MoraAmaroLaLoba Madrid (Spain)

Good one @Andrea

Good lyrics and good vocal delivery, it keeps interesting from beginnig to the end!

• Thanks @The_Big_Gundown, @ChrisPrice, and @MoraAmaroLaLoba. All your lovely comments have made my day. It's always nice to hear other people like the songs I help create :)

• Good stuff, Andrea......................love the lyrics.....and Jeff did a very good job.

Great collab!!

• Very good lines Andrea! Nice work on the collaboration. I will have to reach out to Jeff and see if he is interested in some older country stuff. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane United States

Cool tune! I enjoyed it! Good lyrics and music. Rattlesnake Shack is one place you won't find me hanging out! Sounds a little dangerous lol 😶‍🌫️🤪😵

• Thank you @IronKnee. I always appreciate your positive thoughts.

@MPDudash , I'm so glad that enjoyed my collab with @jeff9. You guys would make a great team!

Thanks @Plain_Jane! Good to know the Rattlesnake Shack is not a place for you. I am with you there -lol :)

• haim
    haim World

Good mix, I enjoyed listening. Beautiful vocals and I like the rhythm of the song. Goes forward kinda gives makes me wanna visit USA. Beautiful singing. Haim.

• I2ain_2_Battle
    I2ain_2_Battle North Carolina

amazing song.. keep up the good work.