The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank  
AuthorPost
O.F. Hanson

Favorite Artist: Bruno Mars
I am a: Songwriter
Through search services, I discovered a seemingly promising site “Majestic Records Inc.” that claims to offer the world best songwriting services that will take lyricism (poetry, song, etc.) and apply music to it. I was curious about the legitimacy of such a site: is it credible? Is it everything it says it is? Has anyone ever used their services? OR is there anything like the services they claim to provide that is legitimately available (if this one is not)?

Furthermore, the site at first glance looks very “internet primitive” in its set-up but offers the copyrighted content in the publishers (your) name. Here is some info from the site itself:

“— Until now this has been totally out of reach moneywise for the average songwriter. BREAKTHROUGHS
HAVE BEEN MADE and a service that many have paid HIGHLY for is now available at an EXTREMELY
REASONABLE PRICE !!!!!! If one of your songs is accepted by MAJESTIC RECORDS INC. we will
produce a FULL STEREO RECORDING of it using some of the LATEST TECHNOLOGIES with a male
RECORDING ARTIST, SIX INSTRUMENTS AND write you A COMPLETELY ORIGINAL MELODY
FOR ONLY (lengthy/difficult songs more).
Thanks to the wonders of modern technology we are able to produce your demo recording productions
at this VERY INEXPENSIVE COST !!! Because of the computer age we are able to use the sounds of at
least 200 different band styles along with re-usable 'intros' and 'outros'. Many, many electronic
instruments are available to us !!! The melody we write for you as always is totally ORIGINAL and
Copyrightable in your name !!! —”

They also boast a “BBB A+ rating” (BBB = Better Business Bureau; a national business rating system in the United States).

Any comments on the site would be helpful!!! Thank-you all!!

Site: ( majesticrecords1.com )

Last edited on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 04:02 pm by O.F. Hanson

JayDub

Favorite Artist: Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, Luke Combs, Cody Johnson, Bon Jovi
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
I'm not buying it. The site looks poorly done in my opinion. I also don't think any professional establishment would have random words in call caps. If they are legit, I can't imagine they're very successful based on their web presence.

RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
I don't have any experience with Majestic Records specifically. I'd search for reviews on their service.

I've seen other sites that offer to set your lyrics to music. Generally they do that to a reasonable standard.
They don't market your song to artists or publishers, they just send you back a recording for a fee - and that can work fine if that's what you are expecting. But don't believe they will turn it into a hit and make you rich.

If they doing it cheaply, then it stands to reason they are trying to churn these out relying on volume for their profit. That means they are likely re-using chord sequences and styles with minimal adjustments to make it work for your lyric rather than crafting something unique. In that case I would still expect the recording quality to be reasonable, but the song itself is likely to be less inspiring and more generic.

moptop

Favorite Artist: Beatles, Alan Parsons, Archies, Benny Goodman, anything else good! 60's ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
This is the part that scares me...

SEND YOUR SONGS REGULAR MAIL FOR
FREE APPRAISAL TO...
MAJESTIC RECORDS CORPORATION
POST OFFICE BOX 1140-C
LINDEN, TEXAS 75563

What difference would it make if it's sent by snail mail or via Email? Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve!!

I agree with RDM and JayDub, sounds like bull**** to me!

Last edited on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 10:58 pm by moptop

O.F. Hanson

Favorite Artist: Bruno Mars
I am a: Songwriter
Thanks to everyone who offered a response as an analysis from multiple perspectives of experience certainly helps. Though I believe @RainyDayMan offered the most probable, accurate analysis on the subject company as I continued my research.

RainyDayMan wrote:
I don't have any experience with Majestic Records specifically. I'd search for reviews on their service.

I've seen other sites that offer to set your lyrics to music. Generally they do that to a reasonable standard.
They don't market your song to artists or publishers, they just send you back a recording for a fee - and that can work fine if that's what you are expecting. But don't believe they will turn it into a hit and make you rich.

If they doing it cheaply, then it stands to reason they are trying to churn these out relying on volume for their profit. That means they are likely re-using chord sequences and styles with minimal adjustments to make it work for your lyric rather than crafting something unique. In that case I would still expect the recording quality to be reasonable, but the song itself is likely to be less inspiring and more generic.

As you have said, I think the company applies its resources to a songwriter’s lyrics in order to create some quality (whether just standard, basic, professional, etc.) of a melody that is fitting to the client’s proposal. That’s what I presumed it would be, but I just wanted some clarification on its legitimacy. I honestly didn’t think it would make a “hit record” out of someone’s lyrics but I believe it intended to claim it has the potential too—and that’s where my questions arose. But I believe a company like this is trustworthy in that it can create a starting point for someone like me who can only create “poetry” rather than that and original melody.

Anyways, thank you all for the responses!! I’ll certainly research more on other resources of the industry and I hope to advance my experience!

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1860 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 29 queries executed.