The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Movin' On
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 28th, 2011 04:36 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Aaron_Lett

Favorite Artist: Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Vs1: Here i am in this old town and all around me i see it fallin' down. The Folks in this town now what hard work means after years of workin' the fields and plowin' the ground. And They are still there even as it tumbles down they're still hangin' around.

Ch1: And now I'm movin' on from this broken down town to sing my songs all around. Ive gotta keep movin on cause hearts are easy to break and its easy to fall in love. So I've gotta move on so i don't end up like that town, broken down.

Vs2: Now when i look back  at that broken down town the people who would come around. Just to give you a hand, for later yours in return. your hand shake and word meant more than  a lawyers contract could earn.

Ch2: But i've moved on from that old town. to sing my songs all around. Because hearts still break. You still fall in love, so I've gotta keep movin on so i don't end up like that old town, broken down.

Bridge: Now I'm wanderin' around from town to town. I'm living it up, sleepin around, and out on the towns tearin it down. Out here people don't care what you do , don't care what you say. as long as you pay.

Vs4/: A few times I've been back to that town. to talk to some old friends who've been settlein' down. They tell me they worry about me at night. And i laugh as i tell them not to worry because I'm alright.
Ch4: Repeat Ch2

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 01:57 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Brenda McBryde

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter
Hey, that is pretty cool! I would suggest taking out some of those words "town", town is just found in too many lines.

http://www.jamwave.com/brendamcbryde

Posted: Wed Mar 16th, 2011 05:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
liquidwindows

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
A bit much on the repetition here. First line of Chorus "And now I'm movin' on from this broken down town to sing my songs all around" comes right after the verse ended with the word "around" - kind of sticks out a bit that maybe you could use a different word somewhere. "Town" and "broken down" also are in here a lot and you have hearts breaking more than once in slightly different ways.

Current time is 07:16 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1623 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 27 queries executed.