The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Offline boo-boo
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 06:13 am

1st Post
TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Favorite Artist: Too many to list!
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
I'm terribly sorry everyone for not having caught the forum being offline tonight at 12:00am East Coast, 9:00pm West Coast time, Monday night.  It happens every night when there is no activity present on the forum.  When this happens an Administrator needs to be present as a Moderator does not have access to the area to reset.

Hopefully when we update this site to the latest version of the forum software, things like this will improve.  I know from first hand experience that the update will bring us some much needed bug fixes and improve the administrator and moderators functions.

Thanks,

PS: Please read the next post

-Mike

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 07:03 am

2nd Post
TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Favorite Artist: Too many to list!
Hey everybody, some good news.  We have been fortunate to be able to obtain the latest and greatest update and enhancement package for our forum software.

Besides the Administrators and Moderators benefitting from the update, there will be some pretty cool user updates as well.  For instance, you will now be able to grab a YouTube Video you want to share and embed it in your post without having to just link to YouTube.  This has been one item that needed to be addressed especially with the popularity of that site. 

Posts you make will now be numbered ordinally meaning  1st post, 2nd post etc. 
One could now direct somebody to exactly the posted message you want.  For example, Roy Harris's post #19 to Terrypicker's Christmas song "
Christmas-time Is Just Around The Corner" in the music databases.

Perhaps you might also dig the fact that the new update will also allow the addition of SUBFORUMS!  This would mean we could split the music genre section up into additional categories.

Country

-Traditional Country
      -Country Rock
          -Bluegrass
              -Country Gospel
                   -Country Blues
                        -etc and added as needed

How about a Forum Jumper that allows you to leap to the forum or category you want from anywhere in the forum?

Browser updates so that now the forum will look very similar no matter what browser you are using!

How about e-mail a friend?

..and a host of other nice things including much cleaner code which means the forum will run faster!

Stay tuned as this will be quite an undertaking, but we have capable, competent and trustworthy people standing by to assist us.

Merry Christmas!

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 07:11 am

3rd Post
Roy Harris

Favorite Artist: Hank Williams
I am a: Songwriter
The wonder of it all.  Now if you can just teach us members how to use all this new-fangled stuff that would be great.  I'm still trying to teach my computer how to paint. :rollface

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 08:36 am

4th Post
RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
Thats good news Mike! I know you've been wanting to do this for a while for lots of different reasons. Let us know how to help. :)

Current time is 02:33 am

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1570 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 27 queries executed.