The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank Topic closed
AuthorPost
Roy Harris

Favorite Artist: Hank Williams
I am a: Songwriter
As most of you have probably noticed, TSF Mike hasn't been posting too much on the forum lately.  I have been very concerned about him since the last time I talked to him on the phone and today I asked him in a PM if everything was OK.  His answered deeply saddened me and he asked me not to put it on the forum.  I am going to go against his wishes, as I think every member of this forum cares about him as much as I do and prayers are what he needs the most right now.  So, let's get the prayer bandwagon rolling and I would hope each and every one of you will say a prayer now and every day for our leader until he gets this thing whipped.  Here is his answer to my PM.

"Roy I am pretty sick.  I did not want the forum to know this as it casts a dark shadow over everything.  Owen is managing as much as he can and knows about me.  I am no longer in business, am disabled and on SSD.  I undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatment every day of the week and have done so now for over 8 weeks.  I'm about to begin the second stage of chemo which is even worse.

So tell everyone I'm hanging in there still and say a prayer or two for me as that has really helped."

I don't think it will cast a dark shadow Mike.  We all love you and care about you my friend. 

Tricia41

Favorite Artist: Heart, Celine Dion,
I am a: Singer/Songwriter
Oh no!:(  We love you Mike!  We will pray!!! You can kick it! :) Don't give up! XOXO

Bradley Neal

Favorite Artist: Hank Jr. - Alabama - Restless Heart - Kendal Marvel ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Thanks for letting us know Roy.....

Mike, our prayers are with you!

The songwriters forum is more than a place to hang out, we are all family. You would do whatever you could to help anyone here, and have many times over. Now it is our turn to lift you up in prayer and offer our assistance in any way we are able to give.

Philippians 4:13 says

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

We will pray for your healing, for your receipt of strength during this time of personal struggle, and for you to have un-waivering faith in the final outcome of being completely healed and disease free.

GOD Bless you my friend!

Brad/Heather
Risen Gospel Band

mikemclaughlin

Favorite Artist: 
Our thoughts and prayers are with ya Mike.

Get Well soon!

kirklandc

Favorite Artist: Merle Haggard, George Strait, Allan Jackson, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc ...
Mike,

Keep your chin up!!! Just as you have attracted the love of every member on this wonderful forum that You created, you will attract a complete healing of this stumbling block you've encountered. Watch lots of funny movies, keep the faith, and maintain a healthy diet and you will beat this thing hands down. Our prayers will be with you everyday.

God Bless

Charles

Crystal Lynn

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Singer
Mike honey, I am so sorry to hear about your health.  Please know darilin' that I am lifting you up in prayer, even as i type this to you. I'm not sure if you'll even get a chance to read all these, but know this, you have a savior who loves you, who never wanted you to be sick, and in his word there is promises you can claim by the Blood of Jesus.  Please read Isaiah 53:5

By his wounds you are healed, claim his promise, stand true on his word, We Love you, and will continue to pray, have faith Mike.

Granny send her prayers as well.

Roy- thank you, even against his wishes, thank you.

SongWriter2947

Favorite Artist: Eclectic - it varies
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Mike buddy.. Hang in there man will be praying for you.

iwritethesongs1

Favorite Artist: Johnny Cash, Don Rich, Buck Trent, Alan Jackson,
Mike,

Hello my friend. Although I have not been on the forum much in the last year, I have thought of you a lot. I know that this is a difficult time for you and your family. This is one of the eternal questions that we have no answer for. Someday we will. The Bible teaches us that all things work together for good to those that love God and are called according to His purpose. Just keep your focus on the Lord. He will give you strength to get through this trial. I know, because He has done so much for me and my family.

I pray that you will be given peace and comfort knowing that our Heavenly Father is still the great physican and He has the final say. Look to His Holy Word for encouragement during this time of trial in your life.

You have been a great friend to me.....just a new, actually an old, aspiring songwriter. I have learned so much from your postings over the years. Many times I was back in the shadows gleaning from you and others in our group.

My word for you is to not give up. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Know that the Lord is with you even during these times when we ask "Lord...where are you...don't you know my suffering and pain". Be assured He does. Trust Him.

don

Psalm 91

RedinFla

Favorite Artist: Warren Haines, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard
Thank you Roy........ Mike I will raise you up in prayer for your health to be restored and to ease your suffering.

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: Danny, James, Dennis, Charles, Rob, Don, Art, John, Mike ...
Roy, thank you for going against the big guys' wishes and sharing this with all of us!   We all knew that something was wrong and suspected it might be his health.  Now that we know for sure we can get on the prayer bandwagon together...and I'm a firm believer that prayer can change things! 

Mike,  we love you and we're here for you!!!! If any of us can do anything to help you,  please don't hesitate to call on us.  You will be in our prayers continiously! 
We miss you very much.... and we will all be right here waiting when you have this ordeal behind you.  Hang in there, big guy! 

Last edited on Wed Oct 1st, 2008 03:06 am by SundownSam

Brenda McBryde

Favorite Artist: 
Mike, we all care deeply about you!!  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and hope for a speedy recovery.  Stay strong and keep your spirits up!!  Laughter is the best medicine...so, if you feel the need for a laugh you could always find one or two in the forum here.  Thank you so much for all your time and hard work in running this forum that we all love so much, you are a treasure!!

DBloodworth
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: 
Mike,

Hang in there bro.  We'll be thinking of you, and though we're hundreds of miles away in some cases, the folks on this board genuinely care about you and will be here if you need anything.  Hope you feel better soon. 

James Ryce

Favorite Artist: Sara Bloodworth (Still)
Mike, I have great respect for you so I will think of you and wish you well.  A tough road but you are not alone.  I'm sure lots of prayers are coming your way.

James.

WAGDADDY

Favorite Artist: America, Vince Gill,Toby Keith,Danny Bloodworth,Creed ,3 doors Down
Hey Boss

You gotta think positive... prayers do heal and Roy just gave you the best bunch of warriors there are...and if laughter is the best medicine well then I guess go back and look at some of my posts:D You gotta Push cos were Pulling for ya to get well!!...Dave

Guitarman38

Favorite Artist: Merle Haggard
Mike, God bless you buddy! Hang in there and know that EVERY ONE OF US on this forum is behind you 100%!!!!

Big John

Phoenixx
Contributor

Favorite Artist: Chris Ledoux, Patsy Cline (of course!)
Dear Mike, I hope you know how very much you mean to the people here. Even a relative "newbie" like me has been touched by your kindness, generosity, and encouragement. The fact that you've given so much of your time and energy while fighting this terrible illness lifts you even higher in my eyes.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers every day until this awful thing has been beaten.

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Favorite Artist: Too many to list!
If you all keep typing, I'll keep reading as it has been a source of inspiration to me.  I'm sorry that I can't stay online long, so it's just short visits for now.

I can't begin to tell you the magnificient wonders God has seen fit to bestow on this lowly servant and you are but one.

I'll keep checking and adding things as I am able so, yes, I am reading.

May the wonders of our Lord shine forth in the beauty of each day.

-Mike

Guitarman38

God bless you buddy...and it is YOU who is the inspiration to all of us!

Hang in there, put your trust in the Lord and know we're all with you!:Thumbs

Big John

Roy Harris

You see Sam.  I told you he was checking on us. :)  Sam had mentioned that it was very difficult to go on with the forum like nothing has happened, but I told her, and I hope all of you will, we need to keep the forum alive and jumping until Mike gets back in the middle of things.  I know Mike will agree, this forum is his baby and we got to keep the baby burping.  So, let's all keep on keeping on and I have great faith Mike will soon be rejoining us. 

James Ryce

I couldn't agree more.  The forum needs to keep going and carry on doing what it does best.  Being a source of sharing and joy to a lot of folks.  There are a lot here who are more active then myself, but I still think this is a great place to come around to so lets keep active folks!

James.

SongWriter2947

Guitarman38 wrote: God bless you buddy...and it is YOU who is the inspiration to all of us!

Hang in there, put your trust in the Lord and know we're all with you!:Thumbs

Big John

Big John you hit the nail on the head. When I think back to when I first joined this forum it was Mike who inspired me to keep writing lyrics and to buy a keyboard. Hell I had barely kept up with my acoustic guitar playing in 20 years. Just reading Mike's posts inspired me to keep with it. .....So Mike just remember, people can make a difference in other people's lives. You've proved that for so many of us here on the forum.

terrypicker

Favorite Artist: Country/Folk/Gospel/Christian Artists
Hey Bro.  I've not been around much lately, but this whole bunch of folks here at the forum are in my thoughts daily.  Just want you to know I think of you as my brother in Christ, and I'll do whatever I can to help in any way that I can.  You will be lifted up in my prayers daily, numerous times throughout the days and nights ahead. I just got home from work a few minutes ago, my days are completely filled up with working hours lately.  It's been so long since I've sat down and wrote a song; I've probably forgotten how to write one.  But the song of my heart tonight is for the great out-pouring of The Father's abundant Grace.  Poured right into the heart of your every need.  May there be complete healing for you, may there be great joy for you, may you experience the presence and the peace and comfort that comes in knowing that He is with you throughout each and every trial.  May every burden be lifted, may every need be met. 

The Lord is your shepherd...you shall not want... surely Goodness and Mercy shall follow you all the days of your life, and you shall dwell in the house of the Lord Forever...

We love you Bro., a whole bunch, But Jesus loves you even more! I call upon him now for intercession on our Brother's behalf.    

lilteebs

Favorite Artist: Garth Brooks
Hey Mike, We're all thinking about ya! God Bless!

Troy33
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: Rush, Yes, John Mayer, James Taylor, Pink Floyd, Stanley Clark
Dear Mike,

Keep the faith....
Keep laughing....
Keep smiling...
Keep fighting....
and....Keep knowing....that this big global family out here is thinking about you as you go to battle against this.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Troy

P.S.  Promiss us you won't burn any of your valuable energy watching and worrying about national news stories that can add stress to your day while there is nothing you can do to fix them. Turn off the news and turn on your favorite music and movies that bring humor, hope and inspiration. They are the better choices for quick recovery.:D

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Roy, this is one time it's makes me very happy to have someone say to me " I told you so!"  

Mike it's really good to see your smiling face!  We sure do miss you hanging out with us, but right now all we want you to do is take care of yourself and get healthy again.  I did say to Roy that 'business as usual'  just didn't feel right, but they have all convinced me that it is indeed the right thing to do.  So, just for you, Mikey, and because we love you, we will try to keep the forum...business as usual!

Last edited on Thu Oct 2nd, 2008 12:58 am by SundownSam

Johnny-Boy

Favorite Artist: 
I just heard the sad news. I'll be praying for you Mike!

They can't keep us musicians down Mike - we're a tough breed.

Best, John:)

adamzam15

Favorite Artist: Well I enjoy most Artist from most genres. I'm really ...
Mike,
So sorry to hear the news.
I wish you well and i will pray for you.

Adam

Brenda McBryde

Favorite Artist: 
Troy33 wrote: Dear Mike,

Keep the faith....
Keep laughing....
Keep smiling...
Keep fighting....
and....Keep knowing....that this big global family out here is thinking about you as you go to battle against this.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Troy

P.S.  Promiss us you won't burn any of your valuable energy watching and worrying about national news stories that can add stress to your day while there is nothing you can do to fix them. Turn off the news and turn on your favorite music and movies that bring humor, hope and inspiration. They are the better choices for quick recovery.:D

Troy, this is soooo true!!!!  Mike, don't even watch the dang news, they only like to dig up the worst they can find for scare factor. Or the saddest most depressing stories.  Keep up your strength and stay away from anything that causes unnecessary stress!!  You are only allowed to watch music videos or the comedy channel.  ;)  Love ya!!!

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Checking in.  Heading for early treatment this morning. 

Decided to try to put the melody to "Love is a River" and get something recorded maybe this weekend with my buddy James if we feel like it.  You can look the lyrics up here somewhere.

Bless you all.

-Mike

Brenda McBryde

Favorite Artist: 
TSF-Mike wrote: Checking in.  Heading for early treatment this morning. 

Decided to try to put the melody to "Love is a River" and get something recorded maybe this weekend with my buddy James if we feel like it.  You can look the lyrics up here somewhere.

Bless you all.

-Mike

Good news, I do hope you will be feeling up to it this weekend!!!  We're thinking about you always!!

DBloodworth
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: 
That's the spirit Mike.  I would imagine that throwing yourself into your music when you're up to it will help you in few different ways.   Hang in there, bro.  You let us know if you need something.

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Good Morning Mike, I pray today will be a good day for you.

I went over to Gospel Lyrics yesterday and read Love is a River, it's a beautiful song.  Sure hope you feel up to recording it this weekend, we would all love to hear it.

lissaw70

Favorite Artist: way Way WAY too many to name!!!!........
Material suffering is suffering from hunger, homelessness, and diseases. Still, I think the greatest suffering is being lonely, feeling unloved, having no one.

~Mother Theresa~

I'm sorry it took so long to find this.   I know it's a hard thing to endure.  Please know Mike that you have your entire "musical family" behind you..........and you will be in my prayers daily.

Lissa

johnnybgoode

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: 
Hey Mikey!!! At times like this words for all their power and versatility lack the required nuances to convey the deep feelings of frustration and powerlessness we feel upon learning of someone we care for has met with misfortune. This is a note to add to the many beautiful wishes of recovery and solace expressed here by the membership.I have a chronic condition as well and so am familiar with some aspects of your condition. I know you have been praying fro me and others of the forum and certainly now it is our turn to repay.Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water. Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea. My prayers are with you and I am putting you on the prayer list of our retreat centre. God bless you with faith and recovery,and may he be a constant companion and solace to you during this trial. Yours Sincerely John Valaire

johnnybgoode

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: 
Hey Mikey!!! More words!!! Just hearing you going to record something bucks me up quite a bit. Heaven loves a song, consider that the Lutheran church has about 130,000 songs in its portfolio. God Bless. Johnnybgoode!!!

Last edited on Fri Oct 3rd, 2008 01:20 am by johnnybgoode

Tricia41

Jesus loves you..... so you can say "cancer schmancer:P"

Just another cross to bear. Praying for strong faith that carries you through.:)

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Hi Mike, Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and let you know I'm thinking about you today.   

You have been in our hearts and on our minds all week and even when we're  not posting it, please know that everything remains the same...we love you, we are praying for you and we are here for you.  Just hang in there and do what you have to do to put this part of your life behind you.  

Last edited on Sun Oct 5th, 2008 03:14 am by SundownSam

Xi

I am a: 
We are all behind you brother.

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Thanks for the support everyone.  I am here.

I'm on my last 4 days of this stage of radiation and chemo, then a break for a week or so.

Seeing as I had to close my business, I have now taken the office in the house and turned it into a full fledged recording studio.  I barely have my computer up and most of the network in the last few hours but it is getting there.  I got just enough going so James and I could try to practice "Love is a River" this evening.  We didn't get too much done but we're working on it.  Did get some pictures so will try to get those posted when I am able.

Good night everyone and God bless.

-Mike

Guitarman38

Mike ole buddy! Great to hear from you. Believe it or not, but I was just sitting here thinking about you and wondering how you were doing .

I know you must be bushed. A few of us here know first hand how those treatments can zap your energy. You rest old friend and get your strength up and know we're all praying for you and your family and if there is any thing any of us can do for you please let us know.

Can't wait to hear the song and see the pics!

John

Roy Harris

Good to hear from you Mike.  If you are physically able, I know working on your song will be the best therapy you can get.  Keeping you in my prayers daily. 

Frances Williams

Favorite Artist: Alan Jackson /George Strait /Rascal Flatts
:Angel:Hello Mike,

I have not been on this forum lately, but my

guardian angel, said that something was wrong.

My Prayers are with you!! When I read Roy's

Post, my eyes filled with tears. Mike you have

a beautiful voice. Top Notch!! I feel blessed to

have joined this forum. It feels like family..

I pray, you will have a full recovery...Amen

Fran

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Frances Williams wrote: :Angel:Hello Mike,

I have not been on this forum lately, but my

guardian angel, said that something was wrong.

My Prayers are with you!! When I read Roy's

Post, my eyes filled with tears. Mike you have

a beautiful voice. Top Notch!! I feel blessed to

have joined this forum. It feels like family..

I pray, you will have a full recovery...Amen

Fran

..and they say angels are not among us.  I know better.

Frances Williams

:Angel:Hi Mike,

I believe that Angels are here with us each day.

So many times, I have felt them watching over me.

I have learned to listen, when they speak to me..

Mike, you have helped so many fellow songwriters

on this forum. My Prayers are with you.....

Somewhere South of Heaven,

Fran

Last edited on Tue Oct 7th, 2008 01:50 am by Frances Williams

kirklandc

Favorite Artist: Merle Haggard, George Strait, Allan Jackson, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc ...
Mike,

Just dropping in to say hello. You are still in our prayers. Keep the Faith Bro!!! Looking forward to hearing the song.

gene weaver

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: 
Hello Mike

Sorry to hear that your sick My friend, will be praying for you, and hope you get well soon.

Heavenly Father

I come to you today because I know that you can do all things
I know you can heal these old fleshly bodies, our friend Mike
Needs a touch, a heavenly touch that can come from only you
Your word tells us that if we ask in faith, believeing, and wavering
not that you would answer our prayers

FATHER ACCORDING TO THY WORD, ACCORDING TO THY LOVE
ACCORDING TO THY POWER, ACCORDING TO THY GLORY
ACCORDING TO THY MERCIES, AND ACCORDING TO THY PROMISES
WE ASK YOU IN THE NAME OF THY SON JESUS, THAT YOU WOULD REACH
DOWN WITH YOUR MIGHTY HEALING HAND, AND TOUCH MIKE THAT HE MAY BE HEALED
    THANK YOU MY FATHER,        AMAN.....AMAN

badurrum

Favorite Artist: Merle Haggard, George Jones ,Alan Jackson,& Marty Robbins
MIke My love & prayers go out to you and we all pray you will beat this thing and get back to your happy go lucky self we all love so much/ Granny

Guitarman38

Gene,

You have asked  what we all have searched for a way to collectively ask and you asked it in a beautiful way. Well done!

John

Frances Williams

My Prayers are with you today.  The beautiful Prayer said,

by Gene Weaver, did a good job, saying what is in my own

heart.. In times of trouble, the Strength of God's Love can

overcome anything...I believe this with all my Faith. I've seen

this in all walks of life...."A little grain of mustard seed, can

move mountains", If you believe.  Let us bow down to the

Grace of God, and Pray for your full recovery...Amen

Fran

Last edited on Tue Oct 7th, 2008 03:27 pm by Frances Williams

lissaw70

Mike........I wanted to find some really profound words to give you a lift today..........:)
Just to let you know I was thinking of you and still praying.  So I've comprised a list of sorts...........I thought that it may not only lift your spirit..........but give you some words of wisdom to carry with you for always..........:)

Top 25 Pearls of Profound Wisdom

25.  If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

24. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

23. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic.

22. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

21. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

20. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

19. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

18. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

17. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

16. A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

15. No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

14. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

13. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

12. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

11. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

10. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

9. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

8. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

7. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

6. Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

5. When you eat a candy bar or have a wonderful dessert, have a diet drink. The calories are canceled out by the diet drink.

4. Learn to love deadlines...especially the 'whooshing' sound they make as they fly by.

3. When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

2. If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

And my NUMBER 1 Pearl is.....................

1. NEVER PLAY LEAPFROG WITH A UNICORN!!!

Hope ya have a great day Mike!!!................:bigsmile

Lissa  :laugh

Life should NOT be a journey to the other side with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WHOO-HOO what a ride!!!”

Frances Williams

:Angel::worthyfaceHi Mike,

My Prayers are with you today! I also promised to be extra...

extra...good...If he would let his light shine on you, and make

you strong and healthy again!!   

I promised to, work hard, help a person in need, not worry over

a bad hair day, Be nice when someone cuts me off in traffic,

last but not least, stop using my credit cards..Mike you know how

much I want you to get better...Cause this is going to be hard!!

'Please GOD Bless Mike'

Fran

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

lissaw70 wrote: Mike........I wanted to find some really profound words to give you a lift today..........:)
Just to let you know I was thinking of you and still praying.  So I've comprised a list of sorts...........I thought that it may not only lift your spirit..........but give you some words of wisdom to carry with you for always..........:)

Top 25 Pearls of Profound Wisdom

25.  If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

24. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

23. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic.

22. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

21. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

20. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

19. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

18. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

17. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

16. A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

15. No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

14. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

13. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

12. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

11. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

10. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

9. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

8. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

7. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

6. Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

5. When you eat a candy bar or have a wonderful dessert, have a diet drink. The calories are canceled out by the diet drink.

4. Learn to love deadlines...especially the 'whooshing' sound they make as they fly by.

3. When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

2. If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

And my NUMBER 1 Pearl is.....................

1. NEVER PLAY LEAPFROG WITH A UNICORN!!!

Hope ya have a great day Mike!!!................:bigsmile

Lissa  :laugh

Life should NOT be a journey to the other side with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WHOO-HOO what a ride!!!”

I think I have the same list somewhere :bigsmile

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Frances Williams wrote: :Angel::worthyfaceHi Mike,

My Prayers are with you today! I also promised to be extra...

extra...good...If he would let his light shine on you, and make

you strong and healthy again!!   

I promised to, work hard, help a person in need, not worry over

a bad hair day, Be nice when someone cuts me off in traffic,

last but not least, stop using my credit cards..Mike you know how

much I want you to get better...Cause this is going to be hard!!

'Please GOD Bless Mike'

Fran

All laudable efforts to make.  Not sure if God has a $700 Billion dollar bailout plan though for plastic.  LOL!

Thank you for your prayers and get wells everyone!

DBloodworth
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: 
Mike,

How you doin?  You've been on my mind since way back when I thought something might be wrong, and now that I know for sure - you're on my mind even more.  I sure hope you're hanging in there, and not letting this thing get you down.  It's really good to see you back among us.  Again, and with every bit of sincerity: If there's anything you need, let us know.  We'll find a way to make it happen.

Take care bro!!!

Tricia41

Mike, good news about my friend Jen. She has had 5 chemo treatments and a recent scan showed that the 5 spots that were on her liver have vanished!!

Praise God. She still will have more treatments and radiation and a mastectomy, but the medicine is working!!!

So it is all worth it.  I'll keep praying for you.:)

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

DBloodworth wrote: Mike,

How you doin?  You've been on my mind since way back when I thought something might be wrong, and now that I know for sure - you're on my mind even more.  I sure hope you're hanging in there, and not letting this thing get you down.  It's really good to see you back among us.  Again, and with every bit of sincerity: If there's anything you need, let us know.  We'll find a way to make it happen.

Take care bro!!!

I'm here and in good spirits.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways that it is almost unbelievable to try and comprehend.

I even entered Open Mic...check it out bro.

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Tricia,  this is wonderful news!!!!  Thank you for letting us know!  I am so happy for your friend...and you!

Sam

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Tricia41 wrote: Mike, good news about my friend Jen. She has had 5 chemo treatments and a recent scan showed that the 5 spots that were on her liver have vanished!!

Praise God. She still will have more treatments and radiation and a mastectomy, but the medicine is working!!!

So it is all worth it.  I'll keep praying for you.:)

Tricia, I just finished 9 weeks of chemo and simultaneous radiation treatments.  Today was a very good day.  I am blessed with one of the nations best cancer doctors and he is way cool.

Good news about your friend, I pray things will continue on that path with the Lord willing.

lissaw70

That's fabulous new Tricia!.........I'm so happy for you and your friend!

Here's a quote for the day................;)

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".                                                       
                                                                                       ~Erma Bombeck

:cool:  Lissa

Frances Williams

:Angel::worthyfaceHi Mike,

My Prayers for You a complete recovery, is what I asked for today!

You mentioned our governments, 700 Billion dollar bailout, I wonder

if the Faith, of a 'Little Grain of Mustard Seed', could help us move

that 'Big Mountain' of Debt?? lol  Let's Pray it works,...  Amen!

My Prayers are with you Mike,

Frances

Last edited on Wed Nov 26th, 2008 10:37 pm by Frances Williams

M.G.

Favorite Artist: 
Hi Mike - I just heard about your condition today.  I've had several close friends/relatives successfully beat what you're fighting now, so keep your spirits up!  I'm glad you're feeling well enough to record... I'm looking forward to hearing your Open Mic entry! :)

You are in my prayers, that you beat this and feel great again as soon as possible. 

M.G.

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Hey everybody, just updating you.

I completed 9 weeks of daily chemo and radiation treatment on Thursday the 9th.  The doctor says my tests look good so far and I now have a 3 week break before going back for more and that lasts 6 months.  My stamina is not real good but I am able to do things for about 2-3 hours a day and then tire.  I lost 31 pounds.  I even mowed a lawn yesterday..but paid for it last night.  My appetite is picking up and I have stabilized.  I still have all of my hair and hope I can keep what I have.  I am now on disability SSD for my only income.  Brenda works and has the insurance and we are getting by.  I no longer have my business or income.  I still have two of my old clients that are gems and have helped me, so a tad bit of income there, but not much.

Thank you to everyone for praying for me.  I know God has his hand on me as I can feel him and his healing power.

Please bear with me if I type something that sounds rude or harsh, I am still getting back to being just harsh...LOL!

I'll post some more in another topic about an idea I have.

End of update.

-Mike

lissaw70

:) ........Glad to know you get a break.  I know my dad appreciated them greatly.  Now,  bein' kind of an old pro at this..........LOL........I got some advice. ( Sorry.......it's the pushy Mom in me........LOL )  ;)

Go fishin'.  

That's all.  Doesn't cost much..........All ya need is cheap bait,  a five gallon bucket,  and a cane pole.  :)

Combine that with a comfortable lawn chair and some skeeter repellant.........and you got God's cure-all for what ails ya.  And on the plus side.........if'n ya catch anything........you're savin' grocery money too..........;)

Lissa  :cool:

Frances Williams

MY Prayers are that, GOD will Bless you with a complete recovery!
Glad you get some time-off, from  the chemo/radiation treatments.

Mike, your immune system is low right now, so be extra careful, with
exposure to any viruses. A simple cold or flu, could be very harmful.
A healthy diet, best water and juices by the buckets..Hugs and Kisses
from loved ones, are some of the best forms of medicine. If you need
anything, let me know.  May God be with You and your Family today!

Please, God bless Mike ,

Fran

Last edited on Sun Oct 12th, 2008 08:08 pm by Frances Williams

seansong

Favorite Artist: 
Mike, I am truly saddened by this news. I hope I find you in good spirits. If I can do anything for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sean

Donna

Favorite Artist: 
Mike, I've been a forum member for just a short time, but want you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Donna

johnnybgoode

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: 
Hi Mike again!!! Prayer power that's what I'm using on you,hope you can feel the heat. Johnnybgoode

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

johnnybgoode wrote: Hi Mike again!!! Prayer power that's what I'm using on you,hope you can feel the heat. Johnnybgoode
10-4 Johnny, 10-4

terrypicker

Hey Bro., hope this finds you doing better.  You're still in my thoughts and prayers.  You know, God loves musicians and songwriters.  He knows they require a bit more attention than normal folk does.  Remember the psalmist David?  He wrote numerous songs recorded in the Bible, and the Bible says that David lived til he was old and full of years.  So keep on writing!!! Later Bro. :)

Vann

Favorite Artist: Anthony Kiedes, Tom Petty, Devildriver- Anything hard and heavy
You are in all of our prayers out here, anyone who can hum a note will say a prayer, and next time im giving myself one out there, ill throw it in for you

God puts the biggest burdens on those who can handle them. Dont give up, keep your head up, and push through this

Semper Fi

Frances Williams

Vann wrote: You are in all of our prayers out here, anyone who can hum a note will say a prayer, and next time im giving myself one out there, ill throw it in for you

God puts the biggest burdens on those who can handle them. Dont give up, keep your head up, and push through this

Semper Fi

:Angel:Hi Vann,

I want to give you blessings and pray that God will keep you safe.
You are doing a special service for our country. I'm sending this little
Angel to protect you. Please be careful. I am very proud of you, and
Pray for your safe return.

Semper Fi, 
Fran Williams

:worthyfaceGood morning Mike,

I am glad You are feeling better, and I Pray that God will Bless
you with a complete recovery.. I hope to hear the songs you
have been working on very soon. This forum is like a family,
and families stick together. This helps everyone feel the comfort
of people who care.. God Bless you today...Amen

Let his light shine,                                                                              
Fran Williams

Last edited on Fri Nov 7th, 2008 07:43 pm by Frances Williams

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Lest you all think I am nuts, I wanted to preface this with the statement that I am in full control of my faculties this morning...well almost.

I had a bad night and finally got so sleep around 2AM.  My wife usually doesn't work on Friday's but had to today so I woke up at 4AM.  Seeing as I had been hurting all night I just sort of layed there curious about what woke me up.  It didn't take long to figure it out because streaming full volume in my head was a fabulous rendition of "Onward Christian Soldiers".  A timpani and drum corp started out the marching beat and was followed by a drum and bugle corp.  I was amazed at the vibrant sound and layed there tapping my toes in time.  This was not your usual marching band sound, but almost a complete movie score.....fabulous.  Part way through a bell choir did an amazing section and then the whole thing ended with a swelling crescendo of the drums, and finally fading out with the snares and their marching beat in the distance. 

What a way to be told "good morning"!  Thank you so much to whoever prayed and asked that to be sent my way.  Bless you.

No, I'm not crazy and on meds so stop laughing.  Good morning to all of you too, sorry you didn't get a chance to hear it.

-Mike

Guitarman38

Now thats what I call a WAKE UP CALL!!!....lol. Sounds like somebody up there is telling you to put that version together ole boy! I remember as a kid we sang that in church all the time but NEVER in a million years would I have imagined such a grand arrangement!

Roy Harris

Just be thankful you were still laying in your own bed when you heard it. lol.  Glad to see you up and posting.  That's a good sign.  Hang in there Mikey, we are all praying for you. 

WAGDADDY

Favorite Artist: America, Vince Gill,Toby Keith,Danny Bloodworth,Creed ,3 doors Down
TSF-Mike wrote: Lest you all think I am nuts, I wanted to preface this with the statement that I am in full control of my faculties this morning...well almost.

What a way to be told "good morning"!  Thank you so much to whoever prayed and asked that to be sent my way.  Bless you.

No, I'm not crazy and on meds so stop laughing.  Good morning to all of you too, sorry you didn't get a chance to hear it.

-Mike

I play It's a Great Day To be Alive ..Travis T. every morning and I am crazy and on meds....Good Morning Mike.........Dave

lissaw70

:)...........The Man's mom reads Sylvia Browne books reverently.........(no.......I'm NOT a fan........:P ).........but according to what she says..........when strange things like this happen...........it's the praise of angels for God's great works..............:)..........maybe it was so clear because he was workin' on YOU.............:D

Good morning Mike..........looks like today's gonna be a good one............;)

Lissa  :cool:

Frances Williams

This sounds like a wonderful blessing, from a higher power.

I believe it is God's way of  saying, he heard the prayers of

all your fellow songwriters. 

Frances Williams                                         

Last edited on Wed Nov 26th, 2008 10:30 pm by Frances Williams

Arthur Holt

Favorite Artist: 
TSF-Mike wrote: Hey everybody, just updating you.

I completed 9 weeks of daily chemo and radiation treatment on Thursday the 9th.  The doctor says my tests look good so far and I now have a 3 week break before going back for more and that lasts 6 months.  My stamina is not real good but I am able to do things for about 2-3 hours a day and then tire.  I lost 31 pounds.  I even mowed a lawn yesterday..but paid for it last night.  My appetite is picking up and I have stabilized.  I still have all of my hair and hope I can keep what I have.  I am now on disability SSD for my only income.  Brenda works and has the insurance and we are getting by.  I no longer have my business or income.  I still have two of my old clients that are gems and have helped me, so a tad bit of income there, but not much.

Thank you to everyone for praying for me.  I know God has his hand on me as I can feel him and his healing power.

Please bear with me if I type something that sounds rude or harsh, I am still getting back to being just harsh...LOL!

I'll post some more in another topic about an idea I have.

End of update.

-Mike

Check this out , Mike has been through all this, gets tired in a few hours and

the "MAN HAS IDEAS "  You go mikey !

Mike , you are in the center of our prayer circle .

Art

DBloodworth
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: 
Sorry I missed the good mornings, but I'll say Good evening instead.  Hope today was a good one.  Hang in there buddy - we're all rootin' for you to lick this thing. 

SongWriter2947

Mike buddy just dropping in to offer a prayer. Hope today was a better day for you.

Phoenixx
Contributor

Mike, weirder things have happened. Maybe Somebody's just giving you a little encouragement while you're going through such rough times. Just keep on fighting!

My grandpa was my hero. When he died, I didn't have enough money to go back home for his funeral. The day of the service, I cried myself to sleep. That night, in my dreams, he came to me, sat on the edge of my bed, and sang his favorite hymn to me..."Sweet Hour of Prayer." I knew it was him because what he didn't have in musical talent, he made up for in faith and sincerity. "In seasons of distress and grief, my soul has often found relief"...I think some dreams really are a gift from God.

Keep fighting and we'll keep praying.

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Mike, it looks as though I am about two days behind on this one, but lately that's not uncommon for me! So, good, Sunday, evening and hope this finds you doing well today!

Mike, we all have our own ways of interrupting our dreams and things that happen to us.  And in light of that statment...I can't help but feel that you hearing this beautiful version of Onward Christian Soldiers inside your head on Friday morning was a way of telling you to keep up the fight !!!  I also have the faith, and believe in my heart, that when your battle is over... you will emerge victorious! 

Take care and our prayers are with you everyday!

Last edited on Mon Nov 10th, 2008 10:48 am by SundownSam

Jeff Knight

Favorite Artist: Too many to mention :)
OMG, I am a day late and a dollar short as always.
I don't normally come in to or read the
announcemnts forum cuz I'm so busy with
demos and critiques and lyrics and stuff
so I completely missed this.

But I'm here now and Mike I just have to let
you know that you are an incredible person
as well as multi-talented. You have operated this
forum many years, sometimes out of your own
pocket just so we could have a place to congregate
with other songwriters and ply our craft. You have
been an excellent host and songwriter as well as
co-writer and I would gladly stand anywhere in
this world and gladly call you my friend.

If it wasn't in the best interest of your ongoing treatments
I'd even take you out and get you drunk HAHAHAHAHA
and we'd party like it's 1999. LOL

Just want you to know how much you mean to me.
OK, I gotta go now I'm getting all teared up

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Jeff Knight wrote: OMG, I am a day late and a dollar short as always.
I don't normally come in to or read the
announcemnts forum cuz I'm so busy with
demos and critiques and lyrics and stuff
so I completely missed this.

But I'm here now and Mike I just have to let
you know that you are an incredible person
as well as multi-talented. You have operated this
forum many years, sometimes out of your own
pocket just so we could have a place to congregate
with other songwriters and ply our craft. You have
been an excellent host and songwriter as well as
co-writer and I would gladly stand anywhere in
this world and gladly call you my friend.

If it wasn't in the best interest of your ongoing treatments
I'd even take you out and get you drunk HAHAHAHAHA
and we'd party like it's 1999. LOL

Just want you to know how much you mean to me.
OK, I gotta go now I'm getting all teared up

Thank you kindly Jeff.  Yes the last few months have been a real struggle but I'll continue to do what I love as long as I can.  So I'll still be looking for a collab or two bro.  I just can't move too quick is all so bear with me.

Frances Williams

:Angel: Hi Mike,

I wanted you to know that I am praying for you!!
Yes Mike, With all the prayers, from all your Family and Friends,
You're going to conquer this old trouble-making health problem.

Frances Williams

Last edited on Wed Nov 26th, 2008 10:34 pm by Frances Williams

Troy33
Super Moderator

Mike,

I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you each day, as most of us have. There is a method of healing that I learned of a few years back and I wanted to pass this on to you. It involves a kind of positive thinking and dispelling of the negative. Now...please don't think I am the super holistic, alternative medicine, or faith healing type. I am a very 'scientific' minded person that goes to the doctors and takes perscriptions if needed. But I believe this. We are in more control of our health mentally than most would typically believe.

Consider the following:
  • People can "worry themselves sick", as they say
  • Some get ulcers from their emotions
  • Some raise their blood pressure when angered
  • People get neck pain after stressful experiences
  • Elderly spouses often give up and die shortly after being widowed
  • And many people (myself included) can experience psychic events
...Don't all these indicate that there may be more we can control with our minds, beyond things like memorization, decision making and problem solving.

Now, we all know that SLEEP is one of the best medicines we can get. This technique, if anything, eases your mind and helps you fall asleep with a positive state of mind. This is a kind of meditation when you lay down to sleep for the night or even for a nap. As you take each breath in, imagine that you are pulling all of the pure healing air in to fill your lungs. When you exhale, you slowly blow out all of the 'poisons' from your body with the confidence that you are making room for the pure air that will replace it to heal your body. Visualize tiny particles being dispelled by exhaling, much like the scene from 'The Green Mile' when John Coffee heals some of the characters. This method helps you feel more in control and sets a positive healing sleep 'in motion'. Many use this technique to releive stress and get a better sleep.

It really doesn't take any extra time or energy since it is done to put you to sleep anyway. I hope you will give it a try. Get well soon!

Troy

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Troy33 wrote: Mike,

I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you each day, as most of us have. There is a method of healing that I learned of a few years back and I wanted to pass this on to you. It involves a kind of positive thinking and dispelling of the negative. Now...please don't think I am the super holistic, alternative medicine, or faith healing type. I am a very 'scientific' minded person that goes to the doctors and takes perscriptions if needed. But I believe this. We are in more control of our health mentally than most would typically believe.

Consider the following:
  • People can "worry themselves sick", as they say
  • Some get ulcers from their emotions
  • Some raise their blood pressure when angered
  • People get neck pain after stressful experiences
  • Elderly spouses often give up and die shortly after being widowed
  • And many people (myself included) can experience psychic events
...Don't all these indicate that there may be more we can control with our minds, beyond things like memorization, decision making and problem solving.

Now, we all know that SLEEP is one of the best medicines we can get. This technique, if anything, eases your mind and helps you fall asleep with a positive state of mind. This is a kind of meditation when you lay down to sleep for the night or even for a nap. As you take each breath in, imagine that you are pulling all of the pure healing air in to fill your lungs. When you exhale, you slowly blow out all of the 'poisons' from your body with the confidence that you are making room for the pure air that will replace it to heal your body. Visualize tiny particles being dispelled by exhaling, much like the scene from 'The Green Mile' when John Coffee heals some of the characters. This method helps you feel more in control and sets a positive healing sleep 'in motion'. Many use this technique to releive stress and get a better sleep.

It really doesn't take any extra time or energy since it is done to put you to sleep anyway. I hope you will give it a try. Get well soon!

Troy

Troy thank you so much for your post.  You put a lot of effort into conveying your feelings to me and I appreciate it.  It's nice to know that people of differing lifestyles, religions, economic situations can all come together on a lowly songwriting forum and become such good and enduring friends.  I'll give some of your suggestions a try my friend and thank you kindly.

-Mike

Troy33
Super Moderator

You are welcome, Mike! I'll be praying for you too.

M.G.

Favorite Artist: 
Hi Mike - I haven't been at TSF for awhile, but the first thing I wanted to do was come to this thread and wish you well.  You are in a lot of people's prayers!

M.G.

Jeff Knight

Favorite Artist: Too many to mention :)
just got a message from Mike and he wanted me to let you guys
know that he was in bed with his laptop and he was hanging in there
but he's just not up for conversing right now.

Get better bro, best wishes :)

Last edited on Fri Nov 14th, 2008 02:00 am by Jeff Knight

SundownSam
Super Moderator

Hi Mikey, glad to see you're keeping an eye on us!  You know how we are without the big guy keeping us in line...we tend to get a little nutty sometimes!!! But, we will do our best to make you proud until you're back on your feet and can get back in the middle of our nuttiness!  The truth is, you were sometimes the ring-leader of the nuttiness...and in case you've forgotten...there's a belly-dancing Mike, gorgeous legs and all, over on the Gender Wars thread!!! Jeff, you need to go take a look at that one!  LOL 

Mike, rest and get well, so we can all get together again and make some more of those kinds of memories!!!   Take care, Sir.  

Last edited on Fri Nov 14th, 2008 02:42 am by SundownSam

lissaw70

:).........Hope ya feel better soon Mike.   Our thoughts and prayers are with ya hon...............:cool:

Lissa  :)

Guitarman38

Hey Mike!

God bless you buddy. Hope you feel better real soon!

Georgia_20

Favorite Artist: Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, The Hag
Mike, I dont know you well, but I can tell you mean alot to alot of folks. My son and I will be sending up prayers for you. Hang in there brother, our God is Awesome!

Troy33
Super Moderator

Hey Mike,

I hope you feel better and stronger soon.

Troy

Phoenixx
Contributor

Hey Mike. Just wanted to stop in and let you know that you're in my prayers today. I hope you have a wonderful and pain-free Thanksgiving. Keep taking those onry pills! They help keep you stubborn enough to keep on fightin'.

terrypicker

Amen to that Brothers and Sisters!  May God Bless in many wonderful ways today! :) 

Last edited on Sat Nov 29th, 2008 02:51 pm by terrypicker

terrypicker

You're in my prayers again this morning Mike.  May God bless you in Numerous ways today! :)

DBloodworth
Super Moderator

Favorite Artist: 
Don't get around these parts much right now, but I'm still thinking about you, Mike.  Hope you're well.  I'll check back when I can.  Please let me know if there's something I can do for you.

Last edited on Tue Dec 2nd, 2008 08:57 pm by DBloodworth

terrypicker

God Bless you Bro.  Hope you have a really good day today! :)

TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

terrypicker wrote: God Bless you Bro.  Hope you have a really good day today! :)
Thank you Rick, you have no idea what that means to me.

-Mike

terrypicker

TSF-Mike wrote: terrypicker wrote: God Bless you Bro.  Hope you have a really good day today! :)
Thank you Rick, you have no idea what that means to me.

-Mike

Thank you Bro. You are precious to me and to many others.  I remember times when you prayed for me when I really, desperately needed it.  You helped bear my burdens when I had burdens I couldn't even reveal to anyone.  But you know what my friend?  Your intercedence coupled with Our Saviour's Grace and Faithfulness brought me through that Threat in my lifeand raised me up to scoff in the very face of the accuser who was out to destroy me.  I didn't deserve the deliverance I received, but He gave it to me anyways.  I love you for that my friend, more than I can say.  I quote now the words of a wonderful songwriter by the name of Gloria Gathier and her fine husband Bill, 

Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And live is worth the living just because he lives.

He came to give us life, and life more abundantly...and this is my prayer con-joined in love and faith that He is able to do what He has promised.  May God Bless you in those and other ways as well.  Rest in that peace my friend that surpasses all human understanding, for He holds you in His hand and nothing is great enough to take you out of His hand!  I love you Bro.  :)

terrypicker

Hey Bro.  You're still in my prayers.  You have been on my mind very much lately.  I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten you and I am still praying for you daily.  I truly hope this new year brings with it, a new found joy filled with glorious hope and healing. I hope you have a really good day!  Tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day, and the following day and the day after that and every day that ends in "day"!   Here is a story concerning prayer that I know to be true, for I witnessed it myself.

In Dec. 1984, I uprooted my family from Craig, CO. and moved them to Pryor, OK.   My children were young then and I had just experienced a huge financial loss and traumatic experience due to alcohol addiction.  I was a believer in Christ but I had taken some very troublesome pathways in my own choosing. 
     When we arrived in OK., I went to work for the Grand River Dam Authority, as a power plant control room operator.  We lived only 2 hours away from my widowed father who had recently remarried.  I spent every minute with him that I could while we lived in the area.  We spent numerous days and late nights in prayer and scripture reading.  It was a glorious I time I will always cherish. 
     After we moved into a rental house in Pryor, my daughters began teaching my son how to ride a "hand me down bike" that they had out grown.  They both hated that little bike with its training wheels and 12 inch tires and they proceeded to talk me into buying their baby brother a new bike.  Well, I told them when their brother was able to ride that bike without the training wheels, then I would buy him a new bike.   My daughters taught him to ride that bike in less than 24 hours after I'd made the promise.  I was broke at the time and still waiting on my first paycheck from my new job, but when payday came around we all went down to the Western Auto store and got him a new bike.  He was one happy little Dude.
     It rained a lot in Oklahoma that time of year and my boy was very unhappy because he wasn't able to ride his new bike very much.  When we all sat down to our supper that evening, my son asked if he could ask the blessing before our meal.  He prayed such a sweet and precious little prayer.  Unashamed he openly asked God the Father at the end of his prayer, "I sure do hope it doesn't rain tomorrow".  I looked at my wife, she looked at me with raised eyebrows and I reached over and patted my little son on his precious little back, as I thought to myself, "I wonder what God is going to do about this one?"
     The next day passed and as usual I was wrapped up in my work and gave very little thought to what the weather was doing outside the power plant control room, or the prayer of the night before.  But when I exited the door on the way to my truck, I was immediately reminded by the downpour of rain that soaked me on my way to the parking lot.  As I drove home in the constant drizzle, I began to think of how disappointed my little son must be at that very moment.  I drove through the 8 or 10 miles home and the rain continued all the way across the valley.
     I stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of the block where we lived. I sat there with my wipers swishing the rain off my windshield and saw my son riding his bike and stopping at the corner just across the street from me.  I drove acoss the intersection and was rolling down my window to tell him to get home out of the rain, when I realised it wasn't raining on the block where we lived.  So I sat there for a moment talking with my son and watching the rain fall in my rear view mirror.  It did not rain that day on our block, or the next day, or the next.  However, it did rain everywhere else in town.  Each night that precious little boy asked the blessing he always asked in the same sweet little trusting heart of a young child "I sure do hope it doesn't rain tomorrow", and it was a hope that was granted.  Finally after 3 nights of this I softly squeezed his little arm and told him we really did need to allow the rain to fall sometimes.  He was not thrilled with the idea of allowing it to rain, but he did not ask for no rain the next day.  By-the-way, the next day it did rain on our block,  and with that rain came more of the wonderous things of nature.  The turtles came out to play and a new chapter began in our faith as believers in God the Father and His many promises.  God Bless you my Brother,  I'll ask my son to pray for no more rain in your area.  You are in  my prayers Bro. I hope you have a great day tomorrow! 

P.S.  This is a true story!

John99

Favorite Artist: 
I have only been a member here for a couple days so i don't know you Mike, but I can see from reading this thread how much you are liked and respected by the members.  You can be assured that I will Pray as i am always willing to do that....God Bless

John99

James Ryce

Mike, I think of you often and always have hope that you are having a good day.

Rick, what a fantastic story you told there.  The wonders of the world and mankind.  On a lighter side, I didn't get a chance to get out golfing too much last year and a couple important golf dates got rained out.  Man it would be nice if I could get that to work for me.

James.

Arthur Holt

Favorite Artist: 
Mike , I am here to wish you a better day, and hope you are feeling better. If you need a push back up on that saddle let me know.

Still in our prayers.Get well Bro.

Art

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3683 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 45 queries executed.