The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

My Studio
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Dec 17th, 2021 04:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
RobbinCrooks

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
I recently rented the apartment across from where I live to house and abbreviated version of my recording studio. My control table has a Presonus 16.4.2 mixer that uses Capture to record "wet" .wavs and sends a pre-fader track to my DAW. I'm primarily a Protools 11 user but have most other major DAWS available. It is handy to be able to throw a live wet track into the mix either for reference or to fatten. My rack has two MOTU 2408 firewire interfaces, a 8 channel light-pipe ADAT, and a Focusrite Saffire for the midi. I have some outboard tube compressors and a couple of outboard mic pre-amps that I really like. I have two Kurzweil keyboards, one as a midi controller and one for recording live, and a Roland VK 7. I have just finished sound adjusting the main room with bass trap corners, acoustic panels, heavy drapes, floor rugs, and several Stetson hats hanging on the walls and have a recording pit with leather furnishings that do a great job of soaking up bass and killing reverb. I have headphones throughout the recording area and a Mackie Big Knob controller to select between sources and different speakers, Rocket Reference monitors, Mackie Room monitors and a vintage Macintosh amp with Klipsh speakers.
I am in the process of setting up the other room as a drum room and amplifier room but it will require a lot of sound proofing because of the neighborhood. The best part is that when my partner and I get into an argument, I can just walk across the street and lock myself in with music.

Current time is 01:26 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1562 seconds (20% database + 80% PHP). 25 queries executed.