The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

SPAMMERS
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 22nd, 2007 02:43 pm

1st Post
TSF-Mike
TSF Founder

Favorite Artist: Too many to list!
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Everyone

One of the most aggravating things running a board is the constant bombardment of SPAM users.  I know some of you have seen them sign up and log on.  They do this to find e-mail addresses and then start spamming you.  There isn't a single board out there that isn't affected.

At TSF we have several security things in place, but they get through anyway.  It has become a constant, day to day battle for me to keep these creeps out of here.  You can help by watching the new users that sign up here by looking at their profiles.  Several things will become obvious after awhile.  You will almost always see an ICQ, AIM or some other messaging service ID.  You will also see some fake country or city along with a home page link that is crap.  Be careful clicking on some of these home page links as many contain viruses and Trojans that will infect your computer.

Make certain you have up-to-date Anti-Virus, Malware, Adware etc, protection on your computer.  If you have not taken steps to do this, you really need to get a current program to handle this.  Please do not take this lightly as they can steal personal information from your computer and also log your keystrokes, which can get them passwords, bank account numbers , etc.

Popular Anti-Virus programs include Norton's Internet Security, McAfee's, Computer Associates (CA), and others.

In an effort to stem the tide of SPAMMERS, we will be adding an additional layer of security for new sign ups.  I hate doing this as it makes it even more difficult for good people to join but it has become a necessity.

Thanks for your support and patronage.

-TSF-Mike

Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2007 10:52 am

2nd Post
terrypicker

Favorite Artist: Country/Folk/Gospel/Christian Artists
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Thanks for the tip-off, and for lookng out for us Mike.  Those outfits are no better than a bunch of Blood-sucking Cyber Leeches.  Can cause  alot of damage, plus they are always learning new ways of hurting innocent peoples lives. :(

Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2007 12:57 pm

3rd Post
Brenda McBryde

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter
You must be doing a very good job, I've not come across any problems here with spammers!:D  I do have a friend who is recording a country album and I have told her to join here, as she is looking for feedback on her songs.  Please be on the look out for Tiffany, she is not a spammer.

http://www.jamwave.com/brendamcbryde

Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2007 06:15 pm

4th Post
RedinFla

Favorite Artist: Warren Haines, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard
I am a: Songwriter
When I make spammers, I like to slice it thin, then fry it crisp, and serve it on toasted loaf bread, with a little mustard and onion.

It's not half full or half empty, it's just a half a glass

Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2007 07:39 pm

5th Post
terrypicker

Favorite Artist: Country/Folk/Gospel/Christian Artists
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
RedinFla wrote: When I make spammers, I like to slice it thin, then fry it crisp, and serve it on toasted loaf bread, with a little mustard and onion.
Not that kind of spam Red.  He' referring to the digital kind that they force-feed into our confusers.  Takes a special converter of some kind to grind it up out of the can and turn it into somthing un-edible, and digital.  Imagine doing that to a perfectly good can of spam. what a waste! :D  They need to be stopped, and soon! :D

Current time is 02:03 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1910 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 28 queries executed.