The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 
The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters > Songwriters Lounge > General Discussion Forum > Just wondering how others are doing during this crazy time.

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Just wondering how others are doing during this crazy time.
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 09:47 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
moptop
Member


Joined: Mon Jul 8th, 2019
Location: Missouri USA
Posts: 214
Favorite Artist: Beatles, Alan Parsons, Archies, Benny Goodman, anything else good! 60's ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
It's no doubt that the world as we know it is being turned upside down. I hope everyone out there is healthy and safe.
Now first off, I am still okay, feel fine, and don't have any fears of being positive but I just thought I would share a little about how my situation quickly changed today.

I am an in-home appliance repair technician for a local store where I live. This morning the decision was made to suspend all service calls and deliveries and basically shut down the store for the next week if not the next two, and of course it was made with the health and safety of the employees. Although I live in the Midwest where things are not too bad yet, all of our techs, including me, and most of the others in the store and office are over 60 so it was kind of a bittersweet decision on the owner's parts...and scary to say the least!

But in spite of this unwanted situation I think to try to maintain a positive attitude which I think is important, and not to mention that I have plenty of things to help keep me busy...including the gift of being able to create music. Now whether that music is fit for human ears to hear is debatable,:rollface but none the less it is something that does make me happy.

Anyway, I thought I would extend an invitation to all, for other, the wonderful artists, lyricists, and musicians from around this world that are on this forum an opportunity to share their experiences, feelings, and their situation during this trying time if they want. If not just to have some general conversation but also maybe a place to "get it off your chest" so to speak if need be. I fine that sometimes if you can connect with someone who is going through the same things, even if they are in another town or country, it tends to make it a little easier to deal with and put us all a little more at ease.

Once again I hope you are all healthy and safe.

Moptop
:rollface

Last edited on Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 11:20 pm by moptop



____________________
Take Care, Moptop!

https://soundcloud.com/user-296202890
Back To Top 


 Posted: Tue Mar 24th, 2020 12:36 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Andrea
Contributor
 

Joined: Tue Nov 27th, 2018
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York USA
Posts: 1045
Favorite Artist: Queen, Tom Petty, Metallica, Kansas, Guns N' Roses
I am a: Songwriter
Status: 
Online
Hi Moptop, I am very happy to know you are safe. This virus is the craziest and scariest global threat I have known. I understand the numbers, but I worry about parents, my husband and myself, our kids, family members and others that I know who are elderly or sick. I live about 90 minutes from NYC and 45 minutes from Westchester NY (big hotbeds for confirmed cases). Almost everything is closed, husband and son are driving me crazy working from home (although I am happy they are working, and are home),the stock market is plunging rapidly, and there is no way to know how long this will last. I pray that a treatment will become available for everyone (and a vaccine at some point). Until then, I stay inside, keep busy and pray. So happy I have this forum :)



____________________
Andrea
Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Mar 24th, 2020 01:14 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
moptop
Member


Joined: Mon Jul 8th, 2019
Location: Missouri USA
Posts: 214
Favorite Artist: Beatles, Alan Parsons, Archies, Benny Goodman, anything else good! 60's ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Andrea, glad to hear the you and your family is well and safe. I have a cousin that lives in Monticello about a 100 mile out of NYC so I hear you! Well although I am staying home there isn't anything I can I my line of work here other try to stay out of my wife's hair. She's been retired from teaching for several years and had been home so I don't have to worry about her getting sick...unless I brought it home, so here I am. I was considering trying to retire myself in a year or two but that looks like that's not going to happen now. Yeah, stores here are hit an miss as to what you can find.. especially TP and cleaning products but we are getting by so far.



Thanks for commenting. Hang in there and stay safe....and yes, prayers do help.
:)

Last edited on Tue Mar 24th, 2020 01:17 am by moptop



____________________
Take Care, Moptop!

https://soundcloud.com/user-296202890
Back To Top 


 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 07:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
ChrisPrice
Contributor
 

Joined: Sun Jun 30th, 2019
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Hi Moptop,
Things are not good here in the UK just now. Cases are rocketing here. We are in lockdown which means that only our essential workers are going out. The rest of us are confined to our homes. We can go and buy essential goods but that's all. We can exercise away from home once a day but we have a strict 2 meter(6ft 7) social distance thing happening. Away from family only 2 people max can congregate. Those are the rules. Some thoughtless types have been ignoring them but the Police are now dealing with them. Our food stores have been badly hit by panic buying by people being selfish and mindless. There's plenty to go round as long as we are sensible. We are fortunate enough to have a garden so we can work in it and exercise without worrying anyone. It isn't big but it's a blessing compared to what some people have.

We are ok - touch wood, but how do we know if we have this virus or have already had it and recovered? The problem is that some folks are getting it with only mild or even no symptoms. Not everyone gets really sick. The trouble is they can still pass it on. There is talk of widely available tests here very soon. That will help I think.

This thing will pass, but loss of life is inevitable and tragic when it happens.

I wish everyone a safe passage through this. ..Chris

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:58 pm by ChrisPrice

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 07:48 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
moptop
Member


Joined: Mon Jul 8th, 2019
Location: Missouri USA
Posts: 214
Favorite Artist: Beatles, Alan Parsons, Archies, Benny Goodman, anything else good! 60's ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Chris,
Good to hear from you and to know that you're doing okay. Yeah, things are crazy right now. Yesterday, Tuesday, the mayor announced he was imposing a stay at home order for all non-essential workers with the same restrictions as you have. Of course my company had already decided to do that on Monday but some of them are still at the store even though they've closed it to the public doing what they can via the website and phone. Me, If I can't go to the customers home, I'm dead in the water so there's no reason for me to hang around and chance unknowingly picking it from one of them.

You're correct in wondering whether one does, doesn't, or already had the stuff makes this harder to deal with. But you are also correct in that we will get through this, it's just a big question of how long it will take.

But it is good to know your ok and your in my prayers...Everybody is in my prayers!!

Dominick



____________________
Take Care, Moptop!

https://soundcloud.com/user-296202890
Back To Top 


 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:56 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
ChrisPrice
Contributor
 

Joined: Sun Jun 30th, 2019
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Thank you Dominick. Wishing that you and your family all stay well..indeed that everyone, everywhere can get through this. Keep the songs coming! Best medicine I know!:)


Back To Top


 Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 01:11 am
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Billy_Lunch_Money
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom
Posts: 133
Favorite Artist: Hendrix,Nirvana,Ozric Tentacles,Messa,Alice in Chains,Windhand,Khrungbin
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Hi Everybody!

I'm just a county over from Chris and I can confirm there are still alot people being rather foolish on my street alone. This staying in is nothing new to me I've been doing it since 2016. The schools have closed all my children are at home I thought it'd be difficult to keep them entertained. But we all have our own computers and then there's the Xboxes, Netflix, Amazon, etc. Just got to sit and wait it out!

Just edited this post as was gonna tell about my missing cat and his return but since it's given me an idea for a song! I'll post it later.

But most importantly I hope everybody and their family's stay safe and healthy throughout this!

Attachment: 20191116_221439.jpg (Downloaded 15 times)

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 01:31 am by Billy_Lunch_Money



____________________
Sometimes I just don't proof read the things I send. I should do it all the time, but I get carried away and forget!

https://soundcloud.com/elijah-falls
Back To Top 


 Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:12 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Andrea
Contributor
 

Joined: Tue Nov 27th, 2018
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York USA
Posts: 1045
Favorite Artist: Queen, Tom Petty, Metallica, Kansas, Guns N' Roses
I am a: Songwriter
Status: 
Online
So glad to hear amid all the hard times, all of you, and your families, are fine. I think it will be a while before things are "normal" again. Be smart and stay safe. BLM - you cat is so cute - reminds me of my families beloved Berry that we lost a couple years ago.
It is the beginning of Spring here in NY, so yard work is a nice place to get things done. It will be a couple months before I can plant my vegetable garden. Until then, there is raking and fertilizing outside. So many projects indoors -Popsugar workouts, painting our living room, trying to make a low carb pizza crust and others new recipes, cleaning out all our closets, cleaning out the garage, learning to play guitar, writing lyrics (some are obviously more fun than others). Hope everyone can find their own entertainment to stay sane :)



____________________
Andrea
Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
ChrisPrice
Contributor
 

Joined: Sun Jun 30th, 2019
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Andrea wrote:
So glad to hear amid all the hard times, all of you, and your families, are fine. I think it will be a while before things are "normal" again. Be smart and stay safe. BLM - you cat is so cute - reminds me of my families beloved Berry that we lost a couple years ago.
It is the beginning of Spring here in NY, so yard work is a nice place to get things done. It will be a couple months before I can plant my vegetable garden. Until then, there is raking and fertilizing outside. So many projects indoors -Popsugar workouts, painting our living room, trying to make a low carb pizza crust and others new recipes, cleaning out all our closets, cleaning out the garage, learning to play guitar, writing lyrics (some are obviously more fun than others). Hope everyone can find their own entertainment to stay sane :)


Hi Andrea, It's spring here too, not that you'd have known it today! It's been quite cold and overcast. So said we've had a few decent days lately. I replied cause I noticed your stuff about planting vegetables. For the past two or three years I've been trying my hand at growing a few bits and pieces. We're talking tomatoes, peppers, chillis, courgettes(you call them zucchinis I believe). While I have time on my hands I'm thinking of trying to grow some potatoes, carrots and runner beans. It's not very rock n roll - or maybe it is - anyway, why not?!!

The thing I'm really trying to do is spend as much time as I can working on my music. I've been remixing some older tracks today. I've got some new stuff on the way too. Time to be creative I reckon. Music is fine medicine.

Wishing everyone over the pond, and indeed everywhere, a safe journey through this horrible business. Something good has to come from it when we come out the other side. Take care.:)

Back To Top 


 Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 01:30 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Andrea
Contributor
 

Joined: Tue Nov 27th, 2018
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York USA
Posts: 1045
Favorite Artist: Queen, Tom Petty, Metallica, Kansas, Guns N' Roses
I am a: Songwriter
Status: 
Online
ChrisPrice wrote:
Andrea wrote:
So glad to hear amid all the hard times, all of you, and your families, are fine. I think it will be a while before things are "normal" again. Be smart and stay safe. BLM - you cat is so cute - reminds me of my families beloved Berry that we lost a couple years ago.
It is the beginning of Spring here in NY, so yard work is a nice place to get things done. It will be a couple months before I can plant my vegetable garden. Until then, there is raking and fertilizing outside. So many projects indoors -Popsugar workouts, painting our living room, trying to make a low carb pizza crust and others new recipes, cleaning out all our closets, cleaning out the garage, learning to play guitar, writing lyrics (some are obviously more fun than others). Hope everyone can find their own entertainment to stay sane :)


Hi Andrea, It's spring here too, not that you'd have known it today! It's been quite cold and overcast. So said we've had a few decent days lately. I replied cause I noticed your stuff about planting vegetables. For the past two or three years I've been trying my hand at growing a few bits and pieces. We're talking tomatoes, peppers, chillis, courgettes(you call them zucchinis I believe). While I have time on my hands I'm thinking of trying to grow some potatoes, carrots and runner beans. It's not very rock n roll - or maybe it is - anyway, why not?!!

The thing I'm really trying to do is spend as much time as I can working on my music. I've been remixing some older tracks today. I've got some new stuff on the way too. Time to be creative I reckon. Music is fine medicine.

Wishing everyone over the pond, and indeed everywhere, a safe journey through this horrible business. Something good has to come from it when we come out the other side. Take care.:)


Hi Chris, I have a very small garden, but try to fit my favorites every year - tomatoes, hot peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and some herbs (cilantro, parsley). I tried carrots once and they didn't do well. I grew large tops but not large carrots. Not sure what a runner bean is, but if it can grow upward I would try it. I may try snap peas on a trellis so they don't take too much room.

Can't wait to hear your old and new music. It is always so good.



____________________
Andrea
Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 09:38 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
ChrisPrice
Contributor
 

Joined: Sun Jun 30th, 2019
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Andrea wrote:
ChrisPrice wrote:
Andrea wrote:
So glad to hear amid all the hard times, all of you, and your families, are fine. I think it will be a while before things are "normal" again. Be smart and stay safe. BLM - you cat is so cute - reminds me of my families beloved Berry that we lost a couple years ago.
It is the beginning of Spring here in NY, so yard work is a nice place to get things done. It will be a couple months before I can plant my vegetable garden. Until then, there is raking and fertilizing outside. So many projects indoors -Popsugar workouts, painting our living room, trying to make a low carb pizza crust and others new recipes, cleaning out all our closets, cleaning out the garage, learning to play guitar, writing lyrics (some are obviously more fun than others). Hope everyone can find their own entertainment to stay sane :)


Hi Andrea, It's spring here too, not that you'd have known it today! It's been quite cold and overcast. So said we've had a few decent days lately. I replied cause I noticed your stuff about planting vegetables. For the past two or three years I've been trying my hand at growing a few bits and pieces. We're talking tomatoes, peppers, chillis, courgettes(you call them zucchinis I believe). While I have time on my hands I'm thinking of trying to grow some potatoes, carrots and runner beans. It's not very rock n roll - or maybe it is - anyway, why not?!!

The thing I'm really trying to do is spend as much time as I can working on my music. I've been remixing some older tracks today. I've got some new stuff on the way too. Time to be creative I reckon. Music is fine medicine.

Wishing everyone over the pond, and indeed everywhere, a safe journey through this horrible business. Something good has to come from it when we come out the other side. Take care.:)


Hi Chris, I have a very small garden, but try to fit my favorites every year - tomatoes, hot peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and some herbs (cilantro, parsley). I tried carrots once and they didn't do well. I grew large tops but not large carrots. Not sure what a runner bean is, but if it can grow upward I would try it. I may try snap peas on a trellis so they don't take too much room.

Can't wait to hear your old and new music. It is always so good.


Thanks Andrea. Take care:)

Back To Top 


 Posted: Wed Apr 1st, 2020 06:19 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
JAPOV
Member


Joined: Mon Jul 17th, 2017
Location: Alabama USA
Posts: 81
Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Low carb pizza crust sounds awesome! Please share :)
I always have an Italian/salsa garden... tomatoes, peppers, squash, onions.

Keep rockin' Ya'll!



____________________
http://www.soundclick.com/JAPOV
Let's write something!!!! :)
Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Apr 1st, 2020 08:01 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
moptop
Member


Joined: Mon Jul 8th, 2019
Location: Missouri USA
Posts: 214
Favorite Artist: Beatles, Alan Parsons, Archies, Benny Goodman, anything else good! 60's ...
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Status: 
Offline
Okay you guy's, all this talk of fresh veggies is making me hungry! I've done the gardening thing in the past but it's something I no longer do....but I guess this would be a good time to start againπŸ˜€....and pizza, I'm all about pizza!... πŸ•πŸ•πŸ• ..and JAPOV with the Italian garden! Way da' go!
Even now doing some of the things we all like to put off is a good way to break the boredom and keeps from getting to stir crazy!

Billy, thanks for the pic of your little friend, he's cute!

Glad to hear all of you are still safe and sound!
and yes, keep rockin'

And I just thought it would be nice for you all to be able to put a face with a name and the text on the screen. I hope it doesn't break your computers!
Dominick



Attachment: 100_3320.JPG (Downloaded 3 times)

Last edited on Wed Apr 1st, 2020 08:21 pm by moptop



____________________
Take Care, Moptop!

https://soundcloud.com/user-296202890
Back To Top 


 Posted: Wed Apr 1st, 2020 09:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
Andrea
Contributor
 

Joined: Tue Nov 27th, 2018
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York USA
Posts: 1045
Favorite Artist: Queen, Tom Petty, Metallica, Kansas, Guns N' Roses
I am a: Songwriter
Status: 
Online
JAPOV wrote:
Low carb pizza crust sounds awesome! Please share :)
I always have an Italian/salsa garden... tomatoes, peppers, squash, onions.

Keep rockin' Ya'll!


I only tried one recipe for low carb pizza crust so far. I am still working on making it really good. It was tasty, but I want to try to improve the texture. I am trying an almond flour crust. I have made the cauliflower crust before, but it is not may favorite. I would try the zucchini, but I don't have any left and do not plan to shop for a while. I'll let you know when I nail it!

My magnolia tree is blooming and it is beautiful. I am loving the first flowers of Spring this week. It keeps my head in a better place.

Stay safe and rock on :)



____________________
Andrea
Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Apr 1st, 2020 09:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
Andrea
Contributor
 

Joined: Tue Nov 27th, 2018
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York USA
Posts: 1045
Favorite Artist: Queen, Tom Petty, Metallica, Kansas, Guns N' Roses
I am a: Songwriter
Status: 
Online
Hey Moptop, Thanks for the picture. It is great to see your face. If I spend the time to figure out how to do a picture, I'll add one too.



____________________
Andrea
Back To Top 


Current time is 10:23 pm

The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters > Songwriters Lounge > General Discussion Forum > Just wondering how others are doing during this crazy time.
Top



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2077 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 36 queries executed.