The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

You Might Be Too Young
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 06:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Snowman

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
I collect autographs and crap in general.

Today we went to an antique store and they had an autograph book that was falling apart. It said $15. I looked through it briefly and it seemed to have old radio personalities from the 30s.

I added an old photo album with little photos of people from the early twenties which he also wanted $15 for, and a Christmas Decoration.

I got them all for $15.

The person whose autograph book it was, did an excellent job of pasting newspaper photos of the personalities, and putting the date she got the autograph.

I almost choked when I came upon one that was signed by a MEGA FAMOUS singing trio. But, they didn't sign their name, they signed the trio's name. The woman pasted the photo and "signed first", the next page "signed second", the next "signed last... Patty, LaVerne and Maxine.

Yes, they each signed The 3 Andrew Sisters.

You might be too young to know who they are. But, they were HUGE, like Beyonce huge. Look them up.

They were on my list of celebrities I'd have loved to have autographs from. But, it's even cooler, it was when they were just signing the band name.

There was also an Agnes Morehead autograph. She's most famous for playing Samantha's mother on Bewitched. Also before your time. But, it's in syndication.

Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 09:49 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
What a great find! That would be awesome to discover!

Posted: Sun Dec 1st, 2019 11:41 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
bunnythesinger

Favorite Artist: John Prine, Steve Goodman,Meatloaf, Hall&Oates, Bonnie Raitt, Amy Wineh
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
I remeber them all. Oh, the harmonies those Andrews Sisters brought us. It was like whoever wrote their charts did so with 3 perfectly spaced pencils. Great find. And Agnes Moorehead...Not only Endora, but in Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and Citizen Kane...

So Cool.

What a great trip down memory lane.

Bunny

Current time is 04:09 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1672 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 27 queries executed.