The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Mix Tape
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 07:17 pm
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
ChrisPrice

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
bunnythesinger wrote:
Wow! What a great collection and you're right...very ecclectic. Interestingly, As a huge GFR fan from back in the day, yeah I'm old enough to remember when they weren't GFR, I recently was shocked to discover a copy of an old Animals vinyl from 1966 of Inside Looking Out. Never realized it had been a cover. Of course, I liked the GFR version better. Only a couple on your list I didnt immediately recognize ...guess I got some listening to do. Thanks for the list.

Bunny

I too am a big fan of GFR - have been since I was 16 when I first got my hands on 'Grand Funk Live". I still have all their albums on CD. They weren't so big here in the UK. The critics here gave them an even harder time than in the States. I loved them - still do. A hard working kick-ass rock band. Shame the band has fragmented into two camps.

Pre GFR you'd be talking about Terry Knight & The Pack..later just The Pack.

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 07:17 pm by ChrisPrice

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 07:58 pm
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
bunnythesinger

Favorite Artist: John Prine, Steve Goodman,Meatloaf, Hall&Oates, Bonnie Raitt, Amy Wineh
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Yep. Terry and the Pack. There was a vintage record store in Charleston, SC that i used to rummage through...found their vinyl there. Guy that owned that store, had two unused and untorn tickets to the Beatles at Shea astadium in 1965...his ride cancelled on him or so he said... cool store, lots of vinyl.

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 08:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
23rd Post
ChrisPrice

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
bunnythesinger wrote:
Yep. Terry and the Pack. There was a vintage record store in Charleston, SC that i used to rummage through...found their vinyl there. Guy that owned that store, had two unused and untorn tickets to the Beatles at Shea astadium in 1965...his ride cancelled on him or so he said... cool store, lots of vinyl.

We had a couple of local record stores but the best places to buy vinyl were down in London. We're a relatively small country so that was only 120 miles away - a couple of hours by train. That was a regular trip.

I'm lucky enough to have seen The Beatles at a small venue in Nottingham here in the UK. My mother was curious and took me. I'd be 9 or 10 years old. I can remember it very well. All we heard was the opening lines of 'I Saw Her Her Standing There'...the rest was completely drowned out by screaming girls!! Nice to be able to say I was there though!

You mention Shea Stadium. I would have loved to have seen GFR's show there in '71. They were supported by Humble Pie - another band I was into. Both bands played later the same year at London's Hyde Park. Sadly I couldn't get to that show but I did see GFR - just once - at Wembley, London on April 18th 1975. It was more or less their 'Caught In The Act' set. A great gig.

Current time is 09:34 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1863 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 30 queries executed.