The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

'Almost Home' - member album release
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Aug 5th, 2018 12:31 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Janke

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Really happy to announce the release of my album, 'Almost Home.'  Here's the link on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Almost-Home-Wyatt-Grayson/dp/B07FLMXKPJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1533471492&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=wyatt+grayson+almost+home
In all the time I've been involved in music, a full-length solo album is a first.  All the songs are original and (ambitiously!) self-produced.
I hope you all will check it out.  Thanks!

Posted: Mon Aug 6th, 2018 02:35 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
The album sounds great! Now that you have it up there for sale, how are you marketing it?

Posted: Wed Aug 8th, 2018 01:43 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Janke

Favorite Artist: 
You hit the big question right on the head, Owen.  I have a few ideas (not really so adept at marketing).  I went solely digital, as I don't play out anymore.  One idea is submitting to Pandora (I guess they're very selective, but who knows...).  I could stream tracks on YouTube.  I was also thinking of researching some indie music reviews and submitting.  That's about all I've come up with so far, besides sharing with friends here and on Facebook! It felt really good just to take the project this far.  So, we'll see.

Hey, thanks for listening and replying.  Stay well.

Posted: Wed Aug 8th, 2018 05:35 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
just1L

Favorite Artist: Van Halen, ABBA, Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Cheap Trick
Spectacular Wyatt. Glad to hear it.

Interestingly, I too just finally finished a project. I did a CD EP but also have it available for digital and streaming. I went through a company called discmakers to get the CDs made and they had the option of putting it on CD Baby as well as a myriad of other streaming services, i.e. spotify, amazon, apple music, etc… When I considered how long it took me to get this far, the idea of having someone take care of getting it to those other places seemed like a really good choice.

Good luck with getting it "out there." The one thing I'll say for streaming and, well, everything really is… It's one thing to have them out there and ready to go, it's an entirely different thing to get people to actually listen to it. Truthfully, making the music is the easy part, it's the marketing that's a real toughie.

Congrats again and good to hear from you. It's been a long while.

Randy

Had to add, I've only listened to the first one so far and it's sounding good. :)

Last edited on Wed Aug 8th, 2018 10:11 pm by just1L

Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2018 09:29 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Tor Løvstad

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
Congratulations on your album release, Almost Home, Wyatt!

I enjoy your way of writing storytelling lyrics.
You voice sounds good on the mix.
You have unique sound.

Looking forward to hear more from you, and best wishes upon your release!

All the best
Tor Løvstad

Visit:
http://www.tuneacademia.com
- to learn how to write songs.

Posted: Fri Aug 10th, 2018 01:36 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Janke

Favorite Artist: 
Thank you, Tor!

Posted: Fri Aug 10th, 2018 01:40 am
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Janke

Favorite Artist: 
Randy, thanks.  At this stage of the game, it would be a kick to just break even (saved quite a bit doing so much myself -- hoping it wouldn't sound too homemade).  It would also be cool to get a review on some indie blog.  So I'm scoping that out (besides using Facebook and YouTube).  CD Baby seems to do a nice job all around.

Is there a link to your EP?
Good to connect with you again, too.  All the best.

Posted: Fri Aug 10th, 2018 02:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
just1L

Favorite Artist: Van Halen, ABBA, Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Cheap Trick
Janke wrote:
Randy, thanks.  At this stage of the game, it would be a kick to just break even (saved quite a bit doing so much myself -- hoping it wouldn't sound too homemade).  It would also be cool to get a review on some indie blog.  So I'm scoping that out (besides using Facebook and YouTube).  CD Baby seems to do a nice job all around.

Janke wrote:

Yeah, breaking even would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. I paid for mastering and had the CDs actually made so it's a pretty good sized hill to get over. But I really wanted to do it personally more than for money, at least with this one.

You've hit the nail on the head of what I'm currently looking to do as well which is get someone quasi-reputable places to do a review for me. It be nice to have a couple of those. If I do end up finding someone I'll definitely let you know. You can check out my site/music here: http://www.Just1L.com Sorry for hijacking your thread. I will though let you know when I hear some good marketing/review strategies. Have a great one.
Randy

Current time is 01:58 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1749 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 28 queries executed.