The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

More than one song per day?
 Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Dec 1st, 2017 09:35 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
M.P. Shaudd

Favorite Artist: George Jones, Coe, Twitty, Paycheck, Gosdin, Daryle Singletary
I am a: Other
I almost exclusively post in the country lyric forum and on occasion in the gospel lyric section, and it seems that there are usually only a few people at most that post in many of the forums. Has any thought been given to possibly changing the one song a day limit to at least 2 or maybe even 5? I think it would make for more feedback and also make the forum to not seem as slow. Just a thought.

Posted: Fri Dec 1st, 2017 10:24 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
The forum can seem slow when only a few people are posting. The rule is there so that one person isn't demanding all the attention and feedback. Seeking others to review and comment on up to 5 of your songs at once seems over the top to me - even on a slow day. If you post a couple of songs on a slow day I probably won't worry about it, but don't forget you are also asked to comment on 2 songs from other people for every one you post yourself. If there arent any new songs, look for an existing one to comment on. If you are churning out 2 songs per day, every day, I would also wonder whether you are going for quantity over quality, and whether you are working on and improving your songs or just dropping them to move on to the next one.

Posted: Fri Dec 1st, 2017 10:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
M.P. Shaudd

Favorite Artist: George Jones, Coe, Twitty, Paycheck, Gosdin, Daryle Singletary
I am a: Other
I like to think that most of what I post is quality but I'm sure that isn't always the case. Unfortunately the way I tend to write is all over the place. I have books of ideas and often start one song only to be deterred to another. I do like the critiques but sometimes it takes me a while to revisit since I have other thoughts or ideas in mind, and if I don't direct my attention to them I lose my train of thought. Was just wondering since when I found the site I already had many written and it just takes a while at 1 per day. Thanks

Posted: Fri Dec 1st, 2017 11:01 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
I can certainly understand being eager to post when you have a catalog of songs sitting there already! My comment about quantity over quality wasn't aimed at you personally or your songs, just a general comment.

Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2017 12:58 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Jbstewart73

Favorite Artist: 
I am a: Songwriter
RainyDayMan wrote:
you are also asked to comment on 2 songs from other people for every one you post yourself.

I was not aware of this rule. I doubt I have lived up to it. I will in the future.

Thanks

Current time is 11:42 am

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1267 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.