The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters Home 

Welcome to The Songwriters' Forum - by Songwriters, for Songwriters!
Please log on to view our discussion forum in its entirety.

Moderated by: Troy33, RainyDayMan, HankTheTank  
AuthorPost
Tekboy

Favorite Artist: James Taylor
I am a: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
So, in November of 2015, I had a massive heart attack, and was dead for 17 minutes. I should be a rutabaga, but I guess I am supposed to do something I haven't done yet, so not only am I still here, I am still having adventures. I forgot how to log into here for a long time, until just now.

In May of last year, I was in a terrible traffic accident. Long story short, it rendered me unable to play guitar for more than five minutes at a time, because my left fingers and wrist would just go numb, due to spinal stenosis. A month ago tomorrow, I had spinal reconstructive surgery in my neck, and it was wildly successful. I can play again for as long as I want, but they went in from the front, and the road to happiness seems to be long for my vocal cords. It is improving, but slowly, and it may be a while before I can sing for hours again.

But I am glad to be back here, hanging with songwriters again. May you all be as blessed as I am!

Dogmax

I am a: 
Hey Tek reads like you been through the war alright, but you're on the mend and thats the main thing, i dont see any links to your songs so maybe post what you have love to have a listen and get back to you.

Take care and talk soon :cool:

RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Favorite Artist: James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell
I am a: Songwriter/Musician
Wow! You have been doing it tough! Must be made of some stern stuff. It's great to see you back here again. Here's hoping things keep on improving.

Tekboy

I am back again, and my singing voice seems to be better than ever. I ended up with a "REAL" guitar, and I am playing and singing every day again. I haven't been writing much of late, because I have been learning all sorts of progressions on the guitar. I hope I never get too old (currently age 69) to stop learning. I have, however, been writing down some pretty good hooks of late. :)

RFMusic

Favorite Artist: 
Tekboy wrote:
So, in November of 2015, I had a massive heart attack, and was dead for 17 minutes. I should be a rutabaga, but I guess I am supposed to do something I haven't done yet, so not only am I still here, I am still having adventures. I forgot how to log into here for a long time, until just now.

In May of last year, I was in a terrible traffic accident. Long story short, it rendered me unable to play guitar for more than five minutes at a time, because my left fingers and wrist would just go numb, due to spinal stenosis. A month ago tomorrow, I had spinal reconstructive surgery in my neck, and it was wildly successful. I can play again for as long as I want, but they went in from the front, and the road to happiness seems to be long for my vocal cords. It is improving, but slowly, and it may be a while before I can sing for hours again.

But I am glad to be back here, hanging with songwriters again. May you all be as blessed as I am!

OMG!! You have been through hell and back more than once. It may be fodder for some songs.

I suspect that a lot of great songs have been born of pain.

I hope you heal 100 percent. Glad to know that a good soul like you is back in the world.

RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

That's great news! Glad to hear things have been improving for you! Now, turn those hooks into songs please! :)

Tekboy

I'm an easy going guy
All my friends will bear witness
But I'm also pretty good
At minding my own business

RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Is that one you are working on now?

Tekboy

RainyDayMan wrote: Is that one you are working on now?Yes sir, it is.

RainyDayMan
TSF Administrator

Nice start! :)

Tekboy

RainyDayMan wrote: Nice start! :)Just one of the hooks I have going at the moment. I am getting ready to get back to it in about two weeks. That is how long it will take me to "clear my plate" and tune back into "songwriter mode" again. I can't explain it any better than that. I don't know how to not be a musician and a songwriter. :)

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2016 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1670 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 30 queries executed.