View single post by lissaw70
 Posted: Sat Oct 18th, 2008 07:16 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
lissaw70

Hi SundownSam, I was just having some fun, when I wrote the lyrics. I'm not good at song structure for my songs..I didn't realize this, until I posted some songs on another forum. They all have good storylines, but fall short of what it takes, to set them to music. Thanks for your comments. They mean a great deal to me.. Have a Howlin' Good Time, Fran........

Hi Fran...........:)

Sorry to horn in........but I jus' GOTTA intervene here.  :?

I'd like to tell you something about my philosophy on music. 

1.  Music = Art
2.  Art is subject to it's creator's decisions........in other words........Artist = Creator
3.  Other definitions of creator:  inventor,  instigator,  god or goddess
4   In my music world...........Artist (me!) =  Creator (goddess!)

Theory and techniques are fine to learn.  I'm not downing structure.  It is what it is..........and can be a great and fabulous tool.  But that's ALL it is.  I shudder to think what would have happened to Mozart......Bach .......and all the other 'greats' if they'd never challenged those things. 

If you feel the need to write..........you ARE a writer.  If you feel the need to write songs........you ARE a songwriter.  Not everyone will like,  or understand your music,.........but that doesn't change the fact that it's STILL music.  Whoever gave the type criticism that made you feel otherwise..........WAS DEAD WRONG.  All the structure and theory training in the world STILL would not make someone with no creativity a good songwriter. 

Have confidence in yourself dear.  After all..........you ARE a songwriting goddess!...........:)

Lissa  :cool:

Last edited on Sat Oct 18th, 2008 09:07 pm by lissaw70

Don't struggle to "make" a song........strive to help it become what it was meant be...........
Close Window