View single post by RainbowKeeper
 Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 11:40 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
RainbowKeeper

Hey there,
I like this a lot! I mean the image, the realistic expressions you found by, I guess, just being honest totally fit. The chorus gives me a very well we Germans would call it „aufgekratzt“ feeling. Means I can easily imagine you singing that with a beat that gets stronger with every line. As if you really want to say I do....I doooo....I DO want spring ! Right now! 😉 reminded me a little of a song we sing in the choir....m‘excuse.
But while reading I found some stuff that needs a little „think over“, too. To me it seems to be a bit difficult to find rhymes that fit in. Rhyming sympathy and empty is ok but not that strong. In the Last Vers I personally would come up with a strong rhyme that works around your -...- insert line. I think it would give it a stronger character, especially when it comes to the ability of remembering that song.
Last but not least one small thing ...the line: So I can finally feel whole...
It maybe not the best English if you change it, but I would switch finally and feel. I think this would give more room to breath and would also allow you to make a little ‚stop‘ between two Messeges...one you will feel again (not caged in winters darkness anymore) and the following :feeling whole again, which makes the whole meaning even stronger!, well at least in my opinion.

Good stuff, even a winterdepression can inspire us 😉
And I promise I will find out why my cell always want to spell Messegelände....when I want to type message.... drivin me nuts....seriously!

Anyway I hope you stay safe and you enjoy ya weekend!
RK

Close Window